CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Westerdam ~ cabin amenities? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/357468-westerdam-cabin-amenities.html)

NanaShrek October 19th, 2008 03:04 PM

Westerdam ~ cabin amenities?

New to HAL and wondering about the cabin (inside on Navigation deck). What can I expect? Does it have an empty fridge, or a minibar? Do they have the nice linens like Carnival has upgraded to? Anything else notable?

Thanks!

DeeDee October 19th, 2008 03:36 PM

All HAL ships have wonderful Sealy Posturpedic Dream beds and nice linens, plus 6 pillows - 2 soft, 2 medium and 2 hard. They have had these for some time now.

There is a small fridge in the room which will be filled with sodas, airline size bottles of booze, wine and cans of beer, and also some goodies like nuts, etc. If you don't want these things in your fridge you can ask your cabin steward to remove them. Just remember anything you take from the fridge you must pay for. Same goes for the bottles of water that are usually that are placed in the cabins.

There will also be shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the bathroom - if you run out just leave the opened bottles on the bathroom counter and the cabin steward will replace them. If he doesn't just ask him to do this if and he will be glad to do it.

NanaShrek October 19th, 2008 08:43 PM

when they empty the fridge, do they totally remove the items from the cabin, or do they leave them on the counter? on NCL, we had problems with them charge us for stuff we didn't take after we had them remove it so we could put our own soda in the fridge. i like how princess has an empty fridge waiting for you.

bedding sounds so comfy! can't wait!

thanks for the reply.

DeeDee October 19th, 2008 11:56 PM

We've never had them remove anything from the fridge, but I believe they do remove everything. You can ask the cabin steward about this - tell him you want to put your own sodas in the fridge.

earl October 31st, 2008 09:43 PM

they will gladly remove the booze and leave it empty for you.
I always ask them to do that.

Pilotdane November 1st, 2008 08:48 AM

You can ask them to remove the bar items from the fridge. We usually take them out ourselves (so we can get our stuff chilling faster) and put them on the top shelf. Do not forget to leave a note saying "please do not restock fridge".

The fridges are the peltier style not a tradional compressor type like your fridge at home. This means that the fridge has a limited capacity to cool. Put your things in there as soon as possible because the fridge needs extra time to get things cool and it may not get things ice cold like your fridge at home. There is no freezer.