Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Press Release: HAL offers 'Stimulus Plan'

Old December 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Press Release: HAL offers 'Stimulus Plan'

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say that we have to be a bit more understanding regarding the drop in quality that we seem to read all over these message boards, among all of the cruise lines. This "stimulus plan" is just the latest example. Of course, when a cruise line drops prices like this, of course, other things have to go as well ... and I just think we need to be a bit more understanding when we see these various quality reductions ... we have to understand that when we are paying rock bottom prices for our cruises, we're not going to get everything that we maybe got before, though it seems we are still getting a great value for our vacation dollar.

Just an observation.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Press Release: HAL offers 'Stimulus Plan'

Yes, the service level has dropped over the years with the prices. But folks who never cruised preCarnival will not notice. Still the cruise experience is still there, even if the caviar isn't.<g>

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
This is exactly what I am talking about when I say that we have to be a bit more understanding regarding the drop in quality that we seem to read all over these message boards, among all of the cruise lines. This "stimulus plan" is just the latest example. Of course, when a cruise line drops prices like this, of course, other things have to go as well ... and I just think we need to be a bit more understanding when we see these various quality reductions ... we have to understand that when we are paying rock bottom prices for our cruises, we're not going to get everything that we maybe got before, though it seems we are still getting a great value for our vacation dollar.

Just an observation.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
First Mate

i agree; all well and good. but the hal cruies i've priced in the last two weeks don't seem like 'stimulus' to me; show me the bargains.