Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Default What's this cabin like?

We just got confirmation that we're booked on the Eurodam Dec 26th in room 7080. It looks like it's near service elevators ... and the balconey also looks a tad smaller than the other simlar rooms, or is that just me?
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
First Mate

whatever it is, it is a balcony on a hal ship; wish i could afford it. it is what you make it, pal. enjoy.
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What's this cabin like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark44
We just got confirmation that we're booked on the Eurodam Dec 26th in room 7080. It looks like it's near service elevators ... and the balconey also looks a tad smaller than the other simlar rooms, or is that just me?
That's a great cabin. We had the same one on the Westerdam a few years ago and loved it. The balcony is angled but we didn't find it any smaller than other SS cabins we have been in.

It's close to the aft stairs and aft elevators and 2 decks up to the Lido pool and Lido restaurant.

I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Love being near the elevators, and never had any noise issues....less of a walk at the end of the night, since I always book close by.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Beginner

nice cabin - you will enjoy it.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Hey Hombre ... I get your drift - yeah we wil enjoy it, for sure, just trying to make sure what we were told was this 'great room' was exactly that. Booking this far out we had our pick of many rooms, so just wanted to be sure we are getting the biggest bang for our buck. I'm essentially a glass-half-full type of guy, so will enjoy regardless, but it's never bad to ask questions.
Thx DeeDee, Trip and 57.
Felelin good now ... only 11 1/2 months to go.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hombre, everyone is entiltled to see if the cabin, in whatever catagory they book, fullfills their needs. I once booked an OV, that had an obstructed view.The ta didn't know it, and the brochures at the time did not notate them. For this, I was given a $300.00 voucher by the line..They realized their boo boo, ans while the next brochure had just ben printed, they told me that the following one, would indicate obstructed views.

So, you can see, there is value in knowing .....as they say. location, location, location...and we Cruisemates like to give a helping hand

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Passenger

Thanks Trip. My thoughts exactly...location, location, location...
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Thanks Trip. My thoughts exactly...location, location, location...
Markie - we are going on the Eurodam end of February, in cabin 7075, so if I "make friends" with the people in 7080 or 7079, I'll try and take some photos for you. I don't have any from our Westerdam cruise, but one of my girls may have some of the cabin and balcony. I'll let you know, probably by send you a PM (private message).

I think you may have more snow in Oakville than we do in Scarborough. Ye gods, I just looked out the window and it's coming down again. :evil:
Old February 5th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Passenger

Hey my fellow Canadian DeeDee.
Yeah, it snows like every other day. My back tells me we've already had enough this year, although from what I read and hear, you Scarberians have less than we do here in our location of 'unique' weather patterns.

Please do let me know how your upcoming cruise goes (yes, by PM). I'm really interested in your views on the food quality as well. I'm envious you're going so soon ...

Thanks

Markie.
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Beginner

We were near the elevators on the Zuiderdam and it was not a problem, actually it was very convienent. The place where the room stewards hang out was close too and it was nice to grab them if we needed them. Once we went into the room it was very quiet.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Please do let me know how your upcoming cruise goes (yes, by PM). I'm really interested in your views on the food quality as well. I'm envious you're going so soon ...

Thanks

Markie.
Markie - finally sent you a PM. Check it out.