Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Beginner

Default HAL CANADA/NEW ENGLAND questions

Hi,

I am looking to book a Canada/New England cruise in May 2010 (15 days). I have 2 questions.

1- When usually Holland America "normally" puts on sale Canada/New England cruises? In February, March, etc?

2- Is it true that if you book early a cruise and the category stateroom price drops down few months later, you can ask you travel agent to book you that "new" price? That way you do not have to wait for that "lowest price" before booking?

Thank You for your help
1st time cruiser
Mathieu Rheaume
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Mathieu,

I am pretty sure you can find out when they are now. As far as sales you can get pretty good deals with TA's online. You can get the lowest price until the final payment is made. I have been reduced 3 times for our May sailing and I have a gurantee cabin.

Hope this helps.

Kathy
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
Captain

We sail Canada/New England Itinerary every summer on Maasdam. We booked for our June and August cruises for this coming summer many months ago. Just this week I checked to see if the price dropped. Imagine my shock when I discovered the price of our cabin is now higher than it was when we booked. :eek:

I'll continue to watch the pricing right up until final payment time to catch a price drop IF it happens.

That is a very popular itinerary and those cruises usually sell out. This year?? Who knows.
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Ditto what Sail7Seas says - these are very popular itineraries that usually sell out. This year - who knows? Plus you say May 2010 and that is still very far out AND that is not the peak season for these tiineraries.

Personally, I would put in the deposit now and finalize it when I see the price get reasonable - probably in late 2009.

If the cruise starts to sell out fares will actually go up instead of down. This year people are booking later than usual, though, partly because of the "will the fare go down" question. There will be a sweet spot. May 2010 is still pretty far away, though.