Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Beginner

Default 1st. time cruisers, Noordam Feb22nd.

This is our first cruise, and we are looking forward to it. I had been coming to cruisemates website before we scheduled our cruise. Is there anything else we need to know besides what is already listed under the FAQ section and advice?

Any help on make the most of our cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Passenger

Default noordam

Hello.
We have been cruising for 5 years,and have sailed on the Noordam twice.She is a beautiful ship,the crew is wonderful,the service excellant,and we will probably never use another cruise line.HAL is the best.
Enjoy
Michael and Gary
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Passenger

Default cruise

Hello again.
Are you sailing out of ft lauderdale?I looked up the cruise for that date and it looks like the same cruise we went on last October.Half Moon Cay,Dominica,
Curacao and Aruba etc.If so email us garyandmichael@yahoo.com for some ideas and things we did.
Michael
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Captain

Michael........

Why would you tell the poster to e-mail you to get the information?
Why would you not share it with all of us?
If you are going to offer help, it would be great if we could all benefit.

Thank you.
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Default my help

I'm new to this kind of website and format.I did not know how much info could be given in one post,but I'm happy to share with anyone.The tone in your message bordered on a reprimand for bad behavior,and certainly soured me on wanting to participate in this forum if this is the attitude new people get.Obviously anyone could email and ask anything they wanted to,
and a little common courtesy goes a long way when questioning someones motives for doing what they did.Please do not respond to this as explanations are not required.
Michael
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: 1st. time cruisers, Noordam Feb22nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elynch2009
This is our first cruise, and we are looking forward to it. I had been coming to cruisemates website before we scheduled our cruise. Is there anything else we need to know besides what is already listed under the FAQ section and advice?

Any help on make the most of our cruise.
First and foremost, you are on vacation and you are on a cruise! Enjoy. The ms Noordam is a gorgeous ship. We sailed her in 2007 and she is a premier example of elegance and fun! Take some time to explore the ship and see what this grand lady has to offer. Get acquainted with your cabin steward, dinning steward and wine steward; find your favorite poolside location to relax and get acquainted with the drink steward. Why, you ask? They offer great service; they appreciate your kindness to them and they reflect the defined HAL level of customer service that many of us expect when on-board a cruise ship! Peek around the ship, find places you like, quiet places for some R&R; fun filled places where there is music and new friends to be made. And if there is a little "hiccup" along the way, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are on a vacation cruise.~ 8) Enjoy your ports of call; relax on sea days; don't try and do everything every day. Your post said "our" so, first and foremost, connect with the person you are sailing with on the Noordam - you will make wonderful memories together.

I wish you fairwinds and following seas....
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

GaryandMichael....

Using the message boards to relay as much informatio0n as possible is exactly why we are here. CruiseMates employees and myself as the editor actually have a policy in place that we (this does not apply to you, you can do as you please) do not answer cruise questions in private because it is so much more productive to share the same information in the message boards where all of our readers can benefit from your knowledge.

The ratio of active participants to "lurkers" (peopleonly reading these boards) is about 50 to 1. This means every nugget of information you post publicly helps far more people than what you may write in private.

I am only saying this because you say you are new to this format. Please do not take offense for aat the request that you share your knowledge with the board, it was not a personal comment on your approach. It was just a comment on something you may not have realized, that the spirit of message boards is to be an open community with active online discussions.

There can never be "too much" information posted here. It's impossible.
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paul I agree and well said. Before our first cruise we found the info on this meesage board was very informative and fair no matter the personal preferences. We choose hal because it seemed to fit the feel we were looking for. WE enjoyed the cruise very much and the differing views of the cruisemates. There is a wealth of info. MD
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

If you go to the Holland America website, you can download a ship art tour, a 45 minute lecture and tour of some of the art that's on the Noordam.