Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Default MS Noordam cabin VD 4169

Has anyone been on this ship ant tips I need to know.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Admiral

We've been on the ship about 3 times and love it. It's a lovely ship with a great crew.

Don't know anything about the cabin you are booked in, sorry. We usually take a Superior verandah cabin or Deluxe verandah cabin but I am sure you will be happy with your choice.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Beginner

thankyou Dee Dee nice of you to reply.
So have you been to Piraeus Greece and know of anything that is a must do there we port there all day one day and I wonder what should we book or should we do it on our own.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Sorry, no, have never been to the Med or Europe. Some day, maybe.
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Beginner

Should be a good cabin, we are in 4175 so I Really hope these are as good as the pictures online show them to be.
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Atlanta_Cruiser
Default Re: MS Noordam cabin VD 4169

The VD rooms are suppose to have bigger balconies (1-2 feet larger) and you can look up to other balconies (and they can look down, too!)..so I guess it's semi covered? I had the same question, as I am in VD4145 and someone wrote to tell me that I will love the VD cabins, as they are huge fans becasue of balcony size. So I guess that is better then someone writing me at telling me to avoid VD cabins at all costs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicbo
Has anyone been on this ship ant tips I need to know.
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Admiral

[quote="Atlanta_Cruiser"]The VD rooms are suppose to have bigger balconies (1-2 feet larger) and you can look up to other balconies (and they can look down, too!)..so I guess it's semi covered? I had the same question, as I am in VD4145 and someone wrote to tell me that I will love the VD cabins, as they are huge fans becasue of balcony size. So I guess that is better then someone writing me at telling me to avoid VD cabins at all costs, right?

RIGHT!

All the balconies are covered - the only way you can look up at the other balconies or the ones above you can look down into your balcony is by standing at the railing.
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Atlanta_Cruiser

[quote="DeeDee"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_Cruiser
The VD rooms are suppose to have bigger balconies (1-2 feet larger) and you can look up to other balconies (and they can look down, too!)..so I guess it's semi covered? I had the same question, as I am in VD4145 and someone wrote to tell me that I will love the VD cabins, as they are huge fans becasue of balcony size. So I guess that is better then someone writing me at telling me to avoid VD cabins at all costs, right?

RIGHT!

All the balconies are covered - the only way you can look up at the other balconies or the ones above you can look down into your balcony is by standing at the railing.
Yes. "The VDs have an extra deep balcony, about 1.5-2ft extra. The verandah extends further out over the rest of the balconies above it. So, don't stand at the railing in your birthday suit. Everyone above you can look down on you. But you can also look UP at them!" from Sunshine91/cool cruiser on cruise critik
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Beginner

Just returned from Ms. Nooedam. Cabin 4175 which is only 3 doors down was a great room, and the balconly is larger 8 by 10 or 80 square feet of room. Yes if you are leaning on your railing you are in full view from above, but if seated it is private. Have been told this is the best location on the ship for the ride, but is a long ways from everthing in the front of the ship.
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Default M.S. Noordam

We are booked on the May 19 cruise---VF4016---are you on this cruise?