Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default AERIAL TRAM/DOMINICA /ST. LUCIA

We are considering booking the aerial tram excursion on our southern caribbean cruise in Dominica and/ or St. Lucia. Has anyone done either one? If so, your thoughts on the experience...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM
First Mate

yes; took the ariel tram in dominica -- it was a very fine experience. friends have also taken it and all agree, it is pricey but unique and beautiful. one caution: if you have a real phobia about heights you may want to think about the tram -- just an opinion.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Familiar Face

We did it in St. Lucia and thought it was WONDERFUL and well worth the cost! There were beautiful views of the whole island coming back down. Try to sit in the front seat if you can! :-)
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the info...we are definitely planning on doing this excursion...Can hardly wait until the end of April!!! Thanks again :)
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Beginner

Just returned from Dominicia. The rain Forest tram highlights the Rain Forest and not the island. The van ride to the tram take you throught a fun or at least wild ride on mountian roads with great views. Highly recommend it. My wife and me thought is was our best shore trip.
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Beginner

We've not done it ourselves but we have friends that are going in April and plan to take the same excursion. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for the input
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elynch2009
The van ride to the tram take you throught a fun or at least wild ride on mountian roads with great views. Highly recommend it. My wife and me thought is was our best shore trip.
I totally agree, the best excursion I've done anywhere. Our driver was praying outloud the ENTIRE time we were headed up in to the mountains. Not kidding. Those winding roads were something else but it was an exciting and unforgettable trip.