Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Default HAL Wine & Soda cards..

? My family is taking a cruise this summer (MS Maasdam -Montreal to Boston.) My In-laws recently tried to purchase several wine & soda cards on-line for us., but apparently you can't do this anymore? (We got them a couple last summer.) I called HAL and they seemed to be confused. The woman keep telling me you had to order them on-line.
And then I explained they weren't showing up anymore, she said you just order them on-line. It was enough to make a man need a drink card!

Has HAL discontinued this service? Can you still get these cards?
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Familiar Face

We got off the Volendam a few weeks ago and we purchased a wine card directly from one of the bartenders on the ship. Not sure about the online thing however.

HTH
Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Beginner

Default RE: Drink Cards and Soda Cards

I read on this forum that you can buy new soda cards or drink cards when you run out of punches. Does it benefit (cheaper) if you pre order them online vs getting them when you arrive on the ship?
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Beginner

You need some information before you can order online but I talked to special services yesterday and you can order by phone also- not on the weekends. The cards are listed under online gifts- in order to get to the order page I had to do the following.
Go to booked guests...online guests... need user name and password...probably need the booking number and passenger names
there are wine cards pop cards cocktail cards and specialty coffee cards. If they are uncomfortable with that then try this number
SHIP SERVICES
(Gift orders and dining inquiries)
Phone: 1-800-541-1576
Fax: 1-800-207-3547

and ask them to help- repeating they are not there on the weekend - you will get a generalist and they cannot place the orders - at least that is my understanding. Hope this helps. A warning- the information that I got during the weekend did not match what I got at this number and they are the ones placing the orders so they are m,ore knowledgeable. Good luck
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Beginner

I am planning an European cruise in May, June or July of 2010 and I am interested in the different cruise lines wine policy.

Does anyone have more information about the HAL wine card? Exactly what does it get you? Glasses of house wine only? Does HAL have any wine packages or deals? On their website I found information about Sommelier Wine Package that includes 5 bottles of wine and 2 wine tasting.

Thanks for any information.
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Beginner

We have just come back from taking the Panama trip on the Zuiderdam. We were able to purchase soda cards for $20 for 20 drinks at any of the bars onboard.

Prior to embarking on our cruise, we purchased two 3litre boxes of wine and eight small screw top 25cl bottles from a supermarket in Fort Lauderdale. This was a very good move, as we were able to sit and have a glass of wine on our balcony in the afternoon. Also we took a small bottle in the restaurant to have with a meal each evening (these fit into a handbag & easy to refill). Perhaps a bit naughty to skip the corkage, but they really couldn't charge us for a 25cl size bottle. Anyway it saved us a lot of money as we would have normally purchased a bottle of wine to share between three of us and I think the cheapest wine on the list is about $23.00.

I thought drinks onboard were very reasonable - my hubby and father purchased two vodka and diet coke and including the tax it was $10.53. Very comparable to pub prices here.
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the information.