Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Beginner

Default Many Questions about the Cabanas on Half Moon Cay.

How are the Cabanas on Halfmoon Cay? I see they have many different colors. The colors do not make any difference do they? If I purchase a canbana it says its for 4 people. Thats all i have to pay right? I don't have to pay for each person also do I. Because I seen they had a surcharge for extra persons. Does that mean for any more then 4 people will cost extra. Do they keep the fruit and chips and slasa coming or when its gone it gone and no refills? Same with Beverages? Also I was going to book one but they all show waitlisted. Do I just pick one and wait and see if I can get that one. Is there a way to take first available one? Does wait listed mean that there are none available but if some canceld next person who is waitlisted will ge it? I really don't care what color I get just long as I get one.

I know I have alot questions, and I do appreciate you answwers.

Thank you Very much in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Many Questions about the Cabanas on Half Moon Cay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splunker
How are the Cabanas on Halfmoon Cay?

Very nice, if you want to pay the price for one.

I see they have many different colors. The colors do not make any difference do they? No difference, just location.

If I purchase a canbana it says its for 4 people. Thats all i have to pay right? Right!

I don't have to pay for each person also do I. No, price is for 4 people, but if you have any more people using it, then there is an extra charge.

Because I seen they had a surcharge for extra persons. Does that mean for any more then 4 people will cost extra. Yes.

Do they keep the fruit and chips and slasa coming or when its gone it gone and no refills? Same with Beverages? Never having had one can't answer that but I'm sure someone else will.

Also I was going to book one but they all show waitlisted. Do I just pick one and wait and see if I can get that one. Is there a way to take first available one? Does wait listed mean that there are none available but if some canceld next person who is waitlisted will ge it? I really don't care what color I get just long as I get one. If you are waitlisted it means they have all been booked and if someone cancels, then depending where you are on the waitlist, you may get one, but don't keep your hopes up.

I know I have alot questions, and I do appreciate you answwers. Ask as many questions as you want - that's what we are here for.

Have a great time - you will all absolutely Half Moon Cay - It's Paradise!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Familiar Face

We have booked the cabanas both times we've been to HMC and will do it again next time! They are AWESOME! Since all cabanas only say "waitlist", if you want one, I'd suggest waitlisting yourself on every one so that if any become available, you'll be on that list. I would not hold my breath, however, as people book those early and hold on to them. As for your question about the snacks, they bring enough for the number of people you tell them you'll have and that's it, they don't continue to refill. Same thing with your fridge of drinks - the night before in your stateroom you'll have a card to fill out about what soft drinks you and your party like and they'll stock your fridge with those choices, but only once. Good luck to you - I hope you snag one! :-)
Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Beginner

Thank for the reponse. This is gret info.
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

We had the orange one, which hasd a great location,close to the food pavillion, and the rest rooms....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Quote:

Very nice, if you want to pay the price for one.

I see they have many different colors. The colors do not make any difference do they? No difference, just location.

If I purchase a canbana it says its for 4 people. Thats all i have to pay right? Right!

I don't have to pay for each person also do I. No, price is for 4 people, but if you have any more people using it, then there is an extra charge.

Because I seen they had a surcharge for extra persons. Does that mean for any more then 4 people will cost extra. Yes.

Do they keep the fruit and chips and slasa coming or when its gone it gone and no refills? Same with Beverages? Never having had one can't answer that but I'm sure someone else will.

Also I was going to book one but they all show waitlisted. Do I just pick one and wait and see if I can get that one. Is there a way to take first available one? Does wait listed mean that there are none available but if some canceld next person who is waitlisted will ge it? I really don't care what color I get just long as I get one. If you are waitlisted it means they have all been booked and if someone cancels, then depending where you are on the waitlist, you may get one, but don't keep your hopes up.

I know I have alot questions, and I do appreciate you answwers. Ask as many questions as you want - that's what we are here for.

Have a great time - you will all absolutely Half Moon Cay - It's Paradise!
Hello, yes, I have been to Half Moon Cay many times, you will love it.

Color's don't mean a thing.
Yes the cost covers 4 people
There is a surcharge for more than 4 people, be honest! Beer/Soda etc adjusted for extra people, thats why there is the surcharge.
You get floats
You get soda, beer, chips and sala for 4 people (when you book, you get to select the beer or sodas they will give you a questionaire to fill out.
Your get no refills!
It is best to be friendly with the crew who may camp out side of your cabana, they will get you FREE refils.
Offer them the use of your float. You will be surprised what they do.
They even brought us our lunch from the dining area.
Best of all it's air conditioned and has a drop down cloth cover so if you need or want to change clothing or just get out of the sun, you can.
Yes, waitlisted is just that, all are booked and you need to wait for someone to cancell a booking and pray you are at the top of the waiting list.

I will be going on a Carnival cruise out of Baltimore, MD next month 5/23/09 with a stop in Half Moon. Now you can not book a cabana on-line. You have to do this on board the ship at the excursion desk, rats!
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Beginner

We have been to HMC several times and have always enjoyed a cabana. The last time we were there, we had a Butler, and it was delightful.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cabana

I agree with waitlisting on all the cabanas to try and get one. We got one in April-orange-and were in heaven. There also is a shower-outside-to wash off sand. Also, misters by the lounges. The island is paradise and with the cabana, we never wanted to leave.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Familiar Face

[quote="RoninBear"][quote="DeeDee"]
Quote:

You get soda, beer, chips and sala for 4 people (when you book, you get to select the beer or sodas they will give you a questionaire to fill out.
Your get no refills!
We got a cabana in Feb of 2008 but I never saw the beer option on the questionnaire. Did you just add it by hand?
Ended up in buying a bucket.
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgirl51
We have been to HMC several times and have always enjoyed a cabana. The last time we were there, we had a Butler, and it was delightful.
Do you think the butler is worth it? And if yes, why? We got a cabana for the 2 of us in November and are contemplating whether to get a butler with is. Any advice?

Upcomming:
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have heard mixed experiences..the cabana boy for ours did nothing really..brought drinks, thats about it..others have had them bending over backwards..Since my 05 cruise, I know the price has gone up, unless things have changed since then, it's a tossup really..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Familiar Face

I booked a cabana on HAL website but I did not receive any questionnaire. Do you get these once on the ship?
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog57
I booked a cabana on HAL website but I did not receive any questionnaire. Do you get these once on the ship?
Correct, you'll get the questionnaire on the ship a few days before arrivang at HMC.

Upcomming:
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Admiral

In Oct 06 on HAL we didn't have a questionaire. One of the hotel staff contacted us to ask what we wanted in the Cabana.
IE: Brand of pop , number of people in th cabana , swimming equipment etc.

We didn't have a cabana boy , they came early in the day and delivered
what was missing.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess