Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
First Mate

Default Computer Problems On Board Holland America

On a crusie to South Pacific last fall my lap top which was hooked to the ship's power and internet system suddenly got a blue screen with the operating system being frozen. It was impossible to reboot the system. I did not have my recovery disk with me. I returned home and reloaded the operating system and everything went well. I just got off the Amsterdam and two passengers on this cruise had the identical situtation I had. There was some on board that felt it was caused by a fluxuation in the ship's power. The internet manager insisted that the passengers had doen something to cause the failure. Has anyone expierenced this problem and if you have, how did you correct it? We were all running XP or Vista and each of these computers was new.