Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Rita, aka Kryos, passed away last night.

Rita Ippoliti, who went by the name Kryos, passed away last night. Nobody knows exactly what happened. She wrote to me last night and said she had stayed home from work due to a migraine. They found she had passed out in the bathroom, hit her head pretty hard, and did not wake up.

Rita not only contributed to our boards, she was a CruiseMates staff member who contributed articles and a blogged on a regular basis. She will be missed a great deal.

Naturally, our prayers are with her family, especially her father who depended upon her. She is survived by a neice and a brother (I believe) and her father.

Rita had a Holland America 28-day cruise scheduled in October - roundtrip Los Angeles to Hawaii and Tahiti. She was really looking forward to it. She worked nights at the Philadelphia Inquirer and had her elderly father living with her. She had just received travel agent certification from Cruise Planners and wanted to start her own agency. She had gone to Florida and completed her training.
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Oh my goodness. What a shock.

My condolences to her father and her family.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Rita was my closest and dearest friend, I was devastated to learn that she had passed away. Here is a link to the funeral notice and guest book. Please leave a rememberance message for her family and friends.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/phi...&pid=130187427

I will post more about Rita and her wonderful view of life and cruising when I am more able to do so.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Default Loss

I always read Rita's posting as they were down to earth and one could trust her advice. We are so sorry to hear of this loss. Our prayers to the family.----Bill & Lois
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

My condolences to all of Rita's friends and family... Rita and i have been emailing back and forth for almost a year and she was a great help to me on many topics...

She will be missed by all.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

These boards are a fascinating thing. We talk to people, learn about them and yet, we generally never meet them. Wouldn't know them if we met them on the street. Yet, these people, these wonderful, warm, caring and sensitive people can be closer to you than your own relatives.
Rita and I met through the roll call boards many years ago. It boggles ... Read Morethe mind that she isn't there to call up and say " DId you see what so and so posted today?" It's going to be hard. Thanks to everyone for your support and caring.
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM
First Mate

I am in shock. I didn't know her personally, although we had chatted online.

I feel like I lost a good friend.

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was blessed to have just her aquaintance on this site. May Gods peace be to all who will miss her....mountain dog
Old July 24th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Passenger

I didn't really realise her impact on me until she was gone. I took for granted her useful advice and vast experience and willingness to share it with anyone who needed help. I was one of those she helped and one who took for granted that Rita would just always be here if we needed her.
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rita in Memorial

I am a computer idiot. Rita used to help with all that stuff. I have posted a photo album of her on Facebook. My name is Trisha Carter and you should be able to find it from there.
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:37 PM
First Mate

Default Rita's Passing

I know this posting is way after the fact however I got a call from a National Magazine asking about one of my cruise expierences. I went back to Cruise Mates to see what I hdd written on the forum and there was my review of the Statendam along with a review by Rita. Our reviews were back to back, just five days apart.We were on the same cruise, San Diego to Hawaii then the South Pacific and back to San Diego. I never met Rita, however I read many of her postings. Now I feel even closer to that person for having been on the same cruise with her and having posted a review on the H/A Statendam for that cruise. It is truely a small world.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

I haven't been on the boards that long and I didn't know Rita, but this news have made me sad nonetheless. She had so much to look forward to, to live for and as you said, her father to look after.

Although I did not know her, I will pray for her and her family.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Admiral

An ironic thing-my hubby has been researching about doing a practice dive on Half Moon Cay our upcoming cruise. He found a thread on CC 5 years old giving (He is certified but he has not dived since 2006) him info and you guessed it, Kyros had posted on it.