Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Beginner

Default How to pack light for a 7 day New England/Canada Cruise

Need advice, what to wear/bring for a 7 day New England/Canada cruise leaving from Boston in Sept. The range of weather is 50's -70's. This is on the Maasdam. Anyone been on this cruise and what would you leave home/bring to wear? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

It's like packing for Alaska. You could have rain, especially with the hurricanes out there that sometimes move up the coast and hit the East coast; it could be cold & it could be nice and warm and sunny. You just can't tell sailing in September.

The best thing to do is dress in layers and make sure you take an umbrella, unless you are in a Deluxe Suite where they are provided.

I'd take at least one pair of shorts (in case it's very warm) and a pair of long pants/jeans for day time wear. Make sure you bring a jacket - doesn't have to be a winter jacket but something that will keep you warm if it's cold/cool.

When in September are you going? Sail7Seas is really the best person to answer this question and hopefully she will see this post before she leaves for the Maasdam tomorrow (I think). She has done this "run" many, many times.

I know I've not been much help, but maybe someone else will have suggestions.

Enjoy your trip.
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

We cruised up on labor day one year, and, while it was not pool weather, it was warm....think layers, and bring a sweatshirt, and maybe a fold up raincoat in a pouch....no shorts... longer pants maybe the way to go...will be a brisk breeze up on deck..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks!

Thanks! I did as you said and it was perfect. Weather was 60's to low 70's the entire 7 days, layers were the way to go!!!
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

So glad you had a nice time......and time to book again

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Captain

Sorry... I just sawt his thread now for the first time or I would have responded.

Did you sail August 29? We sailed Maasdam that date (again ) and we had the most perfect weather we could have hoped for, so...... I'm wondering if you were on that cruise?
If so, sorry we didn't meet or maybe we did and didn't know it.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Beginner

Default Maasdam

Hi, we sailed Sept 5-12 and the weather was amazing. Great ship, great food, excellent service, can't say enough about it!!!!