Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Passenger

Default What port in Los Angeles ?

Which port in Los Angeles will the ms Amsterdam be Embarking from on Dec 2, 2009 ?. The Holland America website;

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-c...947&destCode=T

shows both the Long Beach Cruise Terminal and the San Pedro World Cruise Center, checking the calendar on their site shows nothing from either port on that day, Some ships show the Berth and others show TBA on the calendar but nothing for the ms Amsterdam. Is it too early or ?

Thank
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Beginner

We've left from Los Angeles before and it was San Pedro. It was another Cruise line though. I hope you find out soon Did the information contain a specific address or the berth? You can do a google map search if you have either. Perhaps they will send you more info the closer it is to the cruise. We are leaving out of San Diego Dec 22 and we don't have very much information at all yet.
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Everything I have read says "Los Angeles" which means the San Pedro port. As far as I know, Carnival is the only cruise line that uses Long Beach.

You can get to San Pedro from the Los Angeles airport.

(PS: if you have a URL that specifically says Long Beach I would like to see it).
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

You'll have to do some further investigation. I took a leg of a repositioning cruise on the Zuiderdam from Vancouver to LA (ship was headed to Ft Lauderdale via the Panama Canal). The Oosterdam was doing the same run. When we left Vancouver we were under the immpression we were headed to San Pedro (by our travel docs) but found out the day before we got to LA we were headed to Long Beach and the Oosterdam went to San Pedro.
HAL Eurodam 2008
CCL Paradise upcoming 2010
Old September 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thank you for the clarification. One simple solution would be to buy the cruise line transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal. They will get you to the right one no matter what.

I would think it pretty sad that a cruise line would not be able to differentiate between Los Angeles and Long Beach. That is like mixing up Miami and Ft lauderdale.
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Passenger

Paul,

I like your recommendation, but we will not be flying into Los Angeles, we will be driving in from the San Fernando Valley and leaving our vehicle at the terminal.

It seems strange that HAL lines is unable to give the port information, it is either the Long Beach Cruise Terminal or San Pedro World Cruise Center

Quite possibly as the sailing date get closer they will let us know.
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

As a follow-up,,because my travel docs stated Los Angeles and I had never been to San Pedro, I googled it and found the ports main website. Mostly because my sister in law was picking us up and she can't find anywhere without directions. On the website somewhere, I found a chart that showd by dates and times which cruise ships would be docking there and for the day we were to return the chart did not show the Zuiderdam, it shwoed another Dam ship. I figured it was a typo,,it was not.

So amybe you can go to the website and find the chart.
HAL Eurodam 2008
CCL Paradise upcoming 2010