Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Beginner

Default 10 day panama in Feb '10

Hi
Can anyone tell me which nights on the 10 day Panama itinerary are the formal nights? I want to book reservations at the Pinnacle, but I do not want to do it on a Formal night. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

What ship & what date? What's the itinerary, include sea days?
Old September 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Beginner

Yeah I guess that was vague.
Zuiderdam, departing 2/21/10. 10 day Panama Sunfarer. There are 4 sea days - 2/23, 2/26, 3/01 and 3/02.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Ah, that's better.

Now, this is just a guess, but I would think formal nights would be 2/23 and 3/1 and it could also be 2/26 as there are usually 3 formal nights on a 10 day cruise.

It's been so long since we've done this itinerary but maybe someone else on the board will know definitely.

Sorry, I've been so vague.

Enjoy the cruise - it's exciting if this is your first time through part of the Canal.

TRIP - what do you think?
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Admiral

I am doing this cruise January 2nd. I would also like to know how many formal nights.
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Beginner

Yeah I figured the sea days but not sure if there is the third formal night. momomeg, maybe you could drop me a note when you get back?
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter
Yeah I figured the sea days but not sure if there is the third formal night. momomeg, maybe you could drop me a note when you get back?
Will do! I already decided I would bring an extra top. I have a black formal I like to wear- that switch out tops-especially I do this when flying. I am not flying this trip-but I can still do that.
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter
Will do! I already decided I would bring an extra top. I have a black formal I like to wear- that switch out tops-especially I do this when flying. I am not flying this trip-but I can still do that.
I found out from a person who has done this cruse previously, that there are 3 formal nights-all on sea days-the only sea day we do not have a formal night is the last sea day which is the last night o the cruise.

So, I'm taking 2 complete formal outfits, a cocktail dress and a formal skirt, but for the skirt, I will take two tops to make it look different. First formal night-formal skirt and top-second formal night-cocktail dress, third formal night- formal skirt with a different top.

My hubby is easy-he will take his tux. But, since we are driving to port, I may talk him into bringing his navy suit which he can wear the night I wear the cocktail dress.