Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Default Statendam - Info on soda card please

We are cruising on the Statendam May 16 from Vancouver BC to Seward and then back again. Can someone fill me in on what the soda card actually covers? I read recently somewhere that diet drinks are not included in the soda card and I am a Diet Coke addict. Also, we asked for early seating on both cruises and received it on the first but got 'open seating' on the trip back. Does that mean you just present yourselves at the dining room for either seating and hope to find space available?

Thanks so much for any light you can shed on these two questions.

I've been lurking for sometime and really enjoy reading all the various posts.

Debra
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Admiral

I've been served Diet Coke with my soda card, so don't know where you got your info that it is not included.

Can't answer your question about Open Seating as we've always had the 8pm fixed seating. I'm sure someone else will know how it works.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hal offers most coke products. We buy soda cards on every cruise and I have no problem getting my diet coke.

Open seating allows you to dine several ways. You can dial 88 each morning and make reservations for that night, some will allow you to reserve for two nights. Or you can just show up between, I think, 6 and 8 and be seated alone or with others. If you opt for alone you may have a longer wait. Usually one is in and out in a very reasonable amount of time.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Beginner

Thank you!!