Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Beginner

Smile July 2010 Baltic Cruise on Eurodam

This is my first trip on Holland America and I need lots of information. We have booked an outside balcony, is there any deck we should not be on?

What airline is recommended for going in to Copenhagen? Is going business class worth the extra cost? I need suggestions on a hotel for an earlier arrival, too.

Any clues would certainly be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Who did you book the cruise through? A travel agent (TA), HAL or an on-line agency?

What city are you flying from?

Did you book a specific cabin or a Guarantee cabin category? If it's a Guarantee, then you have no choice on which deck or cabin they HAL will assign you.

These answers would help us to possibly help you with your questions.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Beginner

I booked through AAA. We are flying directly from IAD to CPH. The flight arrives early in the morning, but we plan on spending one full day in Copenhagen before the ship leaves the next day.

Our cabin is 8039- Eurodam.

I have never been to Copenhagen- anyone have suggestions on what are must sees for the day or restaurants. Also what would be the easiest way to get to the port?

We are so excited about the days in St Petersburg- any suggestions on which tours to take?

Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae152 View Post
This is my first trip on Holland America and I need lots of information. We have booked an outside balcony, is there any deck we should not be on?

What airline is recommended for going in to Copenhagen? Is going business class worth the extra cost? I need suggestions on a hotel for an earlier arrival, too.

Any clues would certainly be appreciated
Flying out there's no doubt.. Airport Hilton.
Flying in.. again, no doubt.. Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair. They have great food with a free breakfast buffet, a free dinner buffet and free snacks in the afternoon. We stayed there a week prior to our last cruise and the most expensive meal we had was at Burger King. The hotel is within 3 blocks of Tivoli, Central Train Station and the HOHO bus stop. Rooms are clean and substantial and you can get good rates on the internet.