Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Smile Hey, where's Sail and Rev. Neal?

Haven't seen you lately. Hope all is well.
love,
Suse
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to RevNeal

Hello, Suse.
I don't get over here as much as I would like; life is busy, and especially the last few weeks, what with the end of Lent, Holy Week, Easter, and it's aftermath. But ... it's starting to look like things are settling down and for that I'm thankful. Mostly, I'm still active over on "the other board," though quite frankly with the way in which the monitors "over there" are warning and ban-happy, I'm really not sure I want to do much posting there.

Booked and Up-Coming:
MS Amsterdam -- Alaska 14 -Days, September 7, 2012
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Familiar Face

Happy Easter and Tax day -all!!!!

(yeah, right?)

Seabourn 1995 - Carnival Elation 1996 - Sea Princess 1998 - Crystal Harmony 1998 - Grand Princess 1998 - Holland America Ryndam 1999 - Renaissance 2000 Oceania 2002 - Carnival Conquest 2004 - Pride of America 2005 - Emerald Princess 2006 - Crsytal Serenity June 2008
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rev., you are so right

Thannks for responding. You are correct about the bans. I missed Pipedreams until I found his web site, lovedamships, and now I am enjoying that blog. That website, the one you are talking about, was fun once, but not so much now. I am one of many who have been banned. There are far too many complainers hitting the red triangle. I have been an opponent, as you know, about smoking, and I do believe the smokers did me in.
Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing you on Pipedream's blog. There's a few of us there regularly. It is truly a hoot.
Thanks again.
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thumbs up P.S.

Rev., I LOVED Easter this year. I thought the roof would fly off with all the loud singing in church. I love that.
This is really a nice site. Much less fighting and the people are very, very nice.
Just sayin'.
Talk with you soon.
Old April 16th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Familiar Face

Suse,

Yes, Easter was fantastic ... it always is. I just wonder where all these people come from, and where they are on the other 364 Sundays a year.

I'm sorry to read that you were banned on "that other board." On a rare occasion -- and I mean, rare -- banning or suspensions would appear to be justified, but so much of it (all of it) the past few months has been totally over-the-top.

Sadly, I don't think I'm particularly welcome by certain posters over on Pipedream's blog (there's one who has been repeatedly vicious and sarcastic toward me, both back when I first found his blog and, now, when I posted again after your "invite"), so I won't be posting much in the comments section. But, you can always e-mail me. And I DO try to open an eye here on Cruisemates about once a week to see what's going on. If activity picks up, you may see me over here more. That "other board" really isn't much fun these days. I have received so many warnings for so many stupid reasons over the past few months that I'm sure I'm going to be suspended any day now. I don't think it's people pushing the triangle ... I think it's the Board Monitors (or a certain board monitor) who is going overboard.

Booked and Up-Coming:
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rev. Neal!

Thank you for your response! I wouldn't let one person deter you; we all enjoy hearing from you.
As far as the banning over there, mine isn't permanent yet. I got caught up in a squabble over smoking, who doesn't, and got banned for a month. The other squabblers are still posting away. Kind of arbitrary. Depends on who's pushing the red triangles repeatedly, I'm afraid to say.
This is a nice site too. Needs to be more active sometimes but we can help that!
Keep the faith, though. Stay active on the boards. You add alot.
I've got a wonderful cruise coming up May 3rd on Celebrity. I so cannot wait!
I do love reading about your trips.
Talk with you soon.
Suse
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default P.S.

I just went over there to Pipedream's site and told them how I like you and of course invited you to join us.
Silly people everywhere, sometimes.
Suse
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Familiar Face

Well, Susie, there are sometimes some very long histories with some people. I've done and said a few things on the boards that have really ticked off some folk ... folk who find it impossible to forgive no matter how many times I apologize. I don't know if any of these are involved in the rather rude response I received on a couple of occasions on Pipedreams blog ... could be. Frankly, it doesn't matter. Pipedreams has turned his love of damships blog into a strange "hateCC" blog, and while I find his photos often witty, some of the vitriol I find "overboard." I've decided to ignore most of that and just post a remark or two when/where it seems appropriate.

Thank you for your kinds words.

Booked and Up-Coming:
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Reverand,
I understand. Most people who are tuning into his site are hurt.
They got banned for no real reason.
I go to church. I pray for people. I don't understand why people listen to the message and leave church and refuse to forgive.
If it is a small offense, why not? I do get the big ones. Yeah tough to forgive.
love,
Suse
don't forget, I enjoy seeing you.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevNeal View Post
Well, Susie, there are sometimes some very long histories with some people. I've done and said a few things on the boards that have really ticked off some folk ... folk who find it impossible to forgive no matter how many times I apologize. I don't know if any of these are involved in the rather rude response I received on a couple of occasions on Pipedreams blog ... could be. Frankly, it doesn't matter. Pipedreams has turned his love of damships blog into a strange "hateCC" blog, and while I find his photos often witty, some of the vitriol I find "overboard." I've decided to ignore most of that and just post a remark or two when/where it seems appropriate.

I find it hard to believe that you are in danger of being banned on CC. You are always a fountain of good information related to cruising. Isn't that what it is all about?
Re Pipedreams---I always enjoyed his witty photos as they were good comic relief and pointed out the absurdities of the discussion. However, I find his blog a little frightening at times and am loath to join in.
Old April 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hi Sapper

It's not like that. At all. No one will attack you or say icky things. No, it's ok.
Suse
By the way, I think Nova Scotia is my way favorite place to visit. Yikes. I loved it there. Just so you know. You guys have something very special going on there.
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Familiar Face

I love Nova Scotia as well. We live next door in New Brunswick and visit quite often.
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Way beautiful.
Old April 25th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Captain

Hi Suse,
How nice of you to ask after me. I haven't been around here for a while. I check in from time to time and just now saw your message.

I'm still hanging around CC but sometimes it beats me why?!! I've been there so long I think I came with the website.

I saw you over there yesterday..... happy to see you posting here and there.

Take good care
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Sail! Good to see you here too! I'll probably be posting more on Celebrity, actually. Some people on the HAL boards can be, well, confrontational.
Anyhow, hope all is well with you. I'm so excited, we cruise on Monday next.
I'll talk with you when I return.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse View Post
Thanks Sail! Good to see you here too! I'll probably be posting more on Celebrity, actually. Some people on the HAL boards can be, well, confrontational.
Anyhow, hope all is well with you. I'm so excited, we cruise on Monday next.
I'll talk with you when I return.
I thought the same thing about some of the HAL posters on CC. It really turned me off. I am a new poster and a new cruiser. It almost turned me off to cruising. I am limiting my posts on CC to keep a good attitude, I think.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevNeal View Post

I am probably not responding to exactly the right quote , but I, too, am surprised that people have a problem with your posts on CC. You are nothing but cordial and nice to people. You are entitled to your own opinion, IMO :-D. I would never have thought that anyone would try to do anything to get you "thrown overboard" on CC. Wow! There's no hope for me, then, because I have already met with confrontation in the short time I have been on the board. I don't like controversy, but I don't cow down, either. So, I may be banned, soon, then.