Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Beginner

Question Statendam Florist delivery??

Would like to send flowers to lady friend currently on board Statendam. Could someone please tell me how this might be done?? Thanks... Landlocked 38
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Sorry, I think you are out of luck as flowers/gifts must be ordered through HAL's Ship's services 3 days from before the ship sails ........as Statendam sailed yesterday it's too late.

Unless you know exactly what ports she will be in and on which day, then maybe you can contact a florist in one of the ports or FTD to have them delivered.

When we sailed to Hawaii many years ago my children arranged with our travel agent to have flowers sent to me for my birthday when we stopped in Honolulu - that was a BIG surprise.
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Sorry, I think you are out of luck as flowers/gifts must be ordered through HAL's Ship's services 3 days from before the ship sails ........as Statendam sailed yesterday it's too late.

Unless you know exactly what ports she will be in and on which day, then maybe you can contact a florist in one of the ports or FTD to have them delivered.

When we sailed to Hawaii many years ago my children arranged with our travel agent to have flowers sent to me for my birthday when we stopped in Honolulu - that was a BIG surprise.
Thanks for the reply Dee Dee!! I have been trying to find out for several days, but no one seemed to know how to do this. Take Care!! Don
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Don - it's too bad you didn't think about sending the flowers before your friend sailed. Maybe next time!
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Beginner

Dee Dee,
Thanks again for sharing your experience... I did learn a valuable lesson... However,
FYI and perhaps for the benefit of other newbies:
I did followup with HAL Ship's Services (1-800-541 1576), (this number gleaned from reading some of your many helpful posts with others). They told me, as you did, that the proper way to do this is by using this number to arrange for onboard flower delivery at least three days before departure!! AND They suggested several nice alternatives that can be done even after sailing. I was able to have shipboard credit delivered to my lady's room for a nice long spa session while on board. Hopefully this will be a welcome alternative!! Don
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Admiral

That's great Don.

I did phone Ships Services when you asked the question about the flowers and that is how I found out that you would have had to order 3 days ahead; however the gal I spoke to didn't say anything about a gift certificate or have any other suggestion. I am so glad that you decided to call them and they were able to help you.

I am sure your lady friend will enjoy her nice long spa session.

Dee Dee