Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Tell me what I need to know about HAL

I have been on five previous cruises on both Carnival and Disney. My in-laws just told us they want to go on a cruise for their 50th anniversary and would like my DH and myself to join them and a group of their friends....on them! :o Of course we want to go, and as long as we can get the kids covered (see my screen name!) we will be going. We are both in our early 40's, so we know we will be the youngest in the group, and most likely some of the youngest on the ship! Tell me what I need to know about HAL and the Noordam.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Busy, if you follow Kuki's blog on the Veendam, the blog thread is right at the top..he is filling us in on whats new, right now from the ship...Rollerdonna, should be off the Noordam, any day now,and will be doing a review very soon...she has a thread also a bit down the page, and got some reponses as well...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 12th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, Trip! I have been following Kuki, and went and looked up RD's thread. That was helpful - and I'm not worried, just curious. Any cruise is a good cruise, and especially when someone else is paying!!!!
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Where are you going, when are you going, and for how long? That will determine the age mix on your cruise. I was on the Noordam back in November for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. Few children, but a wide range of adult ages.
Old June 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are leaving Feb. 6 to go to Aruba, Cuacao, Dominican Republic, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay....
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did the 16 day fall Trans Atlantic on Noordam and we were among the youngest aboard (mid 50's).
On most of the longer iten's HAL does attract a very senior crowd.
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to profln71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxbusymom View Post
I have been on five previous cruises on both Carnival and Disney. My in-laws just told us they want to go on a cruise for their 50th anniversary and would like my DH and myself to join them and a group of their friends....on them! :o Of course we want to go, and as long as we can get the kids covered (see my screen name!) we will be going. We are both in our early 40's, so we know we will be the youngest in the group, and most likely some of the youngest on the ship! Tell me what I need to know about HAL and the Noordam.

Thanks guys!
Hi Fourxbusymom , I did a 20-day eastern/western Caribbean cruise last March on the Noordam and I was delighted with HAL's Signature of Excellence . All crew members are always very attentive to our needs and wishes . There tends to be older passengers on board for their longer cruises , but that will not take away from enjoying the cruise . The food and the service on board is very good , and so is the entertainment . Our cruise director : Mike ( from Toronto ) was a real comedian and handled all aspects of his job very well . I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise , especially with family & friends on board ! Lane