Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Passenger

Default Mariner Society Rewards

I am a "Star Mariner" with HAL (less than 30 cruise days) and I am traveling with my boyfriend (who has never sailed with HAL before)..

Will he be able to recieve the same rewards as I do (ie- champagne bruch), because we are in the same stateroom and have the same booking number?

I have called HAL numerous times, getting different responses each time.

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, I believe that all parties in a cabin receive the same invitations and are eligible for the welcome aboard lunch on embarkation day. This is a well-kept secret and they will try to push you up to the Lido buffet, but just ignore them and get yourself to the main dining room for a delicious lunch in a much more dignified setting. As for the champagne brunch, if you don't get an invite on the first or second day of your cruise, go to the customer service desk and inquire. We missed our invitation on our last cruise and only found out about it on the morning of after we had just finished a big breakfast!
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Captain

Only guests who have sailed previously with HAL (called Mariners) are invited to the Mariners Luncheon. In reality, it isn't likely anyone will check to see his invitation but he should not expect to be invited.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Passenger

I didn't know about the embarkation lunch.. good to know!

The Lido is always PACKED when we first board, it's nearly impossible to find a seat!

So how does that work then, just go to the Main Dining Room upon boarding? Do you need a special invite?

Old July 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just go to the Main Dining Room. I took my MIL and it was her first cruise on HAL. No questions asked! The staff upon boarding really tries to steer you to the Lido, but that's just to ease the "tide" in the MDR. I didn't feel that my 87 y/o MIL needed the stress of the Lido on her first cruise in over 20 years! We thoroughly enjoyed our leisurely lunch and by the time we finished, our cabin was available. A nice start to the voyage!
Old July 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to profln71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPatches View Post
I am a "Star Mariner" with HAL (less than 30 cruise days) and I am traveling with my boyfriend (who has never sailed with HAL before)..

Will he be able to recieve the same rewards as I do (ie- champagne bruch), because we are in the same stateroom and have the same booking number?

Hi Pumpkin Patches , I have sailed several times with HAL and you can be assured that your boyfriend will be entitled to most of the perks that you will receive . You can certainly invite him to accompany you for the Mariners' brunch . No one will check what is written on the invitation card . However , if you wish to pass by the Front Desk and mention that your friend always stays by your side for all the events on board , there should'nt be any problems . They simply need to know how many guests will be attending the Mariners' Brunch ( seating , meals ,etc. ) Lane
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Passenger

I'm so looking forward to the Mariners Luncheon, I've cruised 49 days with HAL and always have gone to the over full Lido. :-) Saturday's lunch is going to be sweet! :-)
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

It's a wonderful way to start the cruise. Certainly more civilized than the Lido experience. You also get to meet some new friends. Enjoy your trip!
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Passenger

We are taking our second cruise with HAL in October and I'm wondering how and when do we get our invitation for the Mariner's Luncheon??
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.V. View Post
We are taking our second cruise with HAL in October and I'm wondering how and when do we get our invitation for the Mariner's Luncheon??
If you are invited to the Mariner's Luncheon, which is usually held the last sea day of the cruise, you will receive an invitation in your "mail box" during the cruise. The "mail box" is attached to the wall just outside your door. It's better than the old way of sliding all the advertising junk and invitations, etc. under the door. The older we get the harder it is to bend down and pick up the "good" stuff and all the junk mail.

Star Mariner
Every guest that joins us for any Holland America Line cruise returns as a Star Mariner. It’s our way of saying Welcome Back, and you’ll start feeling the special treatment as soon as you come aboard. Star Mariners receive:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A special collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A free subscription to the print or digital* version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Passenger

The captains brunch was a surprise to me on my last cruise!
It was so lovely though; the food was excellent, and it was great meeting other mariners as well. It was a great afternoon.. I'm excited for the brunch on my upcoming cruise!!

Old August 25th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to davidzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPatches View Post

Yes.
I have sailed with HAL for over 100 days but find the "Rewards" to be modest to say the least.