CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Mariners Brunch menu (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/377501-mariners-brunch-menu.html)

Lakers Fan October 15th, 2010 04:08 PM

Mariners Brunch menu

Is the Mariner's Brunch menu available anywhere on line ?

DeeDee October 15th, 2010 05:13 PM

Do you mean the brunch/lunch the day of Embarkation or the Mariner's Award Day brunch?

As far as I know, neither are posted. It probably varies from ship to ship.

Lakers Fan October 15th, 2010 08:09 PM

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeDee (Post 1323119)
Do you mean the brunch/lunch the day of Embarkation or the Mariner's Award Day brunch?

As far as I know, neither are posted. It probably varies from ship to ship.

Thanks ,I thought perhaps it was the same on all HAL ships

sail7seas October 15th, 2010 10:30 PM

We were served this for the first time on Maasdam in August. This is the Mariners Brunch during the cruise, not embarkation Mariners Lunch.

New Menu for Mariners Brunch

Appetizer

Warm Salmon, Spinach and Romaine Lettuce Salad - with chickpeas and tomato, drizzled with orange-olive oil dressing

Apple and Pear Gazpacho with Passion Fruit Sorbet

Entrees

Braised Beef Short Ribs with Roasted Garlic Cloves - Slowly cooked in a rich gravy, served over classic mashed potato and baby corrots with chives

or

Butter Basted Pacific Sole Fillet with Leeks - With a timbale of golden yellow rice and roasted basil flavored cherry tomatoes

or

Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche - Served with orzo pasta sauteed spinach and grilled tomato

Dessert

Key Lime and White Chocolate Tart - A sweet and tart filling baked in a flaky pastry tartlet, topped with a dollop of whipped cream

Petits Fours, Coffee, Tea

earl October 16th, 2010 01:53 AM

its not same as the one a had last time, this one looks better!

sail7seas October 17th, 2010 11:38 AM

It surprises me they have presented such a high fat menu. There is no choice that does not have butter and/or beef fat.

I couldn't find something to order. It's not I'm so thin because I'm not but I don't (won't) eat high fat foods.

sail7seas October 17th, 2010 11:41 AM

I'm surprised they have created such a high fat menu. Everything has either high beef fat or butter.

It's not that I'm so thin as I'm not anymore but I don't (won't) eat high fat foods.

Lakers Fan October 17th, 2010 11:51 AM

I do not eat meat ,fish or fowl generally and therefore I tend to eat a lot of fattening foods .

sail7seas October 17th, 2010 02:03 PM

Not much for you to choose from on the menu, Henry.

DeeDee October 17th, 2010 07:08 PM

Guess DD won't be going, as there doesn't seem to be anything GF, although they probably could make her something. Knowing her she'll no doubt opt out and spend the day on the back deck sunning herself. :)

Lakers Fan October 17th, 2010 08:03 PM

I can always find something