Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ginnyanne Send a message via Yahoo to ginnyanne
Default Spa on Eurodam...what are the prices like?

I think we've decided to book on the Eurodam (I'm stoked!). What are the prices like at the spa? Are they similar to those on Carnival? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnyanne View Post
I think we've decided to book on the Eurodam (I'm stoked!). What are the prices like at the spa? Are they similar to those on Carnival? Thanks!
They're not inexpensive. They do run specials on port days, etc. Just be resistant to the sales pitches and you'll be OK. My MIL had a foot massage for $39 and wound up spending $150 for the treatment and potions. I just laughed because I forgot to warn her about it. Next time she'll be more careful.
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Since most of the ships are run by the same company, the prices on the Westerdam were as follows (and I assume the Eurodam is as well--however, they do run daily specials so be on the look out for them, and sometimes some of the services are cheaper when the ship is in port). Here are some of the numbers: Ionithermie Algae Detox 50 min $159; ionithermie revitalizing leg therapy 45 min @$79, pro-cooagen marine facial 50 min at $145, hydra lift facial 50 min @$1119, microdermabrasion for face 30 min @$89, teeth whitening 40 min @$199, acupuncture 60 min @$150, couples/friend massage 50 min @$269, bamboo massage 50 min @$159 and 75 min @$199, herbal poultice massage 75 min @$195, lime and ginger body massage (SO GREAT--HAD THIS ON SECOND FORMAL NIGHT DAY) 75 min @$195, seaweed massage and float 785 min @$195 (I actually fell asleep in this once) or 100 min $259; hot stones massage 75 min $195 (had this first formal day and so so so so so great, the therapist also did a scalp/head massage--I thought I died and went to heaven then at same sitting as hot stones; thermal suite (sauna rooms and hot rock lounger) and hydrotherapy pool (think giant whirlpool with minerals in it) $150 p/p per week--we also did this every day before getting ready for dinner. Well being massage 50 min $119, deep tissue massage 50 min $129, reflexology 50 min $119. They also do men's facials, cleanse and facial, women's scalp massage, eye treatments, foot/ankle massage, and even give massages while on their out island. Go for it; you're worth it.
Hm, now I know why I took home all of those papers from the cruise--see, you never know when they might come in handy.
P.S. I booked both of my treatments, as well as the hydrotherapy pool and retreat for hubby/myself the first day of the cruise. If you wait to book, they may offer a special later in the week for that service which you might be interested in. It's up to you.
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Most of us who have had these done know their routine. I tell most of them that I have the stuff already at home (I do have some of it from past cruises) and they tend to leave me alone. They never even approached my husband about anything; wonder why...
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Talking Extra products

my wife tells them first thing, "Your tip depends on me relaxing during this treatment, and I won't relax if you try to sell me stuff, so you will get no sale and no tip." That effectively shuts them up.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Captain

I find merely saying a distinct, clear "No, Thank You, I don't wish to purchase any salon or spa products today " works just fine. Perhaps it is my tone or body language or whatever but they get the message.

No reason to threaten their tip IMO I don't like what that feels or sounds like but that is just me.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
my wife tells them first thing, "Your tip depends on me relaxing during this treatment, and I won't relax if you try to sell me stuff, so you will get no sale and no tip." That effectively shuts them up.

It may "shut them up" but what kind of a job do they do?

I'm with Sails - just a pleasant "no thank I 'm not interested" should suffice.

I don't use the Spa anymore - after a bad manicure, 2 bad pedicures, terrible hair do and a massage where I felt like getting up off the table 1/2 way though the massage and telling the girl to "stuff your products - I'm out of here. I came to relax, not listen to you do a hard sell". NEVER AGAIN will the Spa get my money!

I have all this done at home at more than 1/2 the price they charge on the ship and I'm very satisfied & relaxed - no hard sell at my Spa.

Last edited by DeeDee; December 3rd, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling correction