Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Default Changing Dining Options

I just completed my on-line check-in, but did not see an option to change my dining preference. Can anyone let me know where/how I do this? I told the travel agent that we wanted anytime dining, but DH wants to go for the early seating so we get the same wait staff. He thinks we'll get better service this way. Is he right?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Admiral

We had early seating but did not have the same wait staff every evening .We preferred it because it gave us the option of going to either the first or second show .
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
We had early seating but did not have the same wait staff every evening .We preferred it because it gave us the option of going to either the first or second show .
Henry,

You must have had "anytime dining" if your wait staff changed daily. Did you have the same table, of course, you could have requested it each time you went in to dine.

I think with small children you should try to dine early and see if they can give you fixed seating so that you will have the same wait staff each evening. I am sure your TA can take care of this for you.
Old December 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

For dining time changes you'll have to ask the TA to put in the change request. And the change will depend on availability.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Default Table dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper's Mom View Post
Henry,

You must have had "anytime dining" if your wait staff changed daily. Did you have the same table, of course, you could have requested it each time you went in to dine.

I think with small children you should try to dine early and see if they can give you fixed seating so that you will have the same wait staff each evening. I am sure your TA can take care of this for you.
We were only assigned to a specific table for dinner and that was not always the same .
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Thanks, email sent to my TA and waiting for a reply!

I gave the cruise as a gift to the family for xmas. I made a countdown chain with the itinerary and a picture of the Eurodam hanging at the end of the chain.

82 days to go!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
Thanks, email sent to my TA and waiting for a reply!

I gave the cruise as a gift to the family for xmas. I made a countdown chain with the itinerary and a picture of the Eurodam hanging at the end of the chain.

82 days to go!
What a cute way to give a Christmas gift. We were just on NCL's Sky for Xmas and saw the Eurodam next to us Xmas day in Nassau (we are going on her in March). They had written up above where the tug area normally is "Seasons Greetings" and up by the basketball court, they had lit Xmas decorations. Nice touch! I remember going on the Zandam for New Years some years ago all the decorations and trees they had in every room. NCL had some trees, but not in every room and not nearly as nice as HAL. However, they did have a gingerbread village in the atrium with train and different departments created their own trees and had a contest to see whose was the best, voted upon by the passengers: bakery (very disappointing, just a small pointed tree covered mostly with green frosting), electrical (the best one, I thought--a contraption with a lot of transformers, light switches, small Xmas lights), a green paper and red paper tree by another department, and one more whose design and department I forgot (so I guess it was not too good). There were cookie decorating sessions for the kids and parents. They did decorate the staircases in the atrium area and some of the staff were dressed in Santa hats and elf costumes. We sung caroles in the atrium on Fri eve, had a Christmas show in the theater, sung more caroles in the piano bar. Santa paid a visit on Fri and Sat and gave out gifts and we could pose for photos. We bought a bunch of decorations at the store and around our window and sliding doors, placed Xmas lights (we turned off our cabin lights and lit them and people from other ships and on land were able to see them), hung stockings and Santa hats, had snowglobes and snowmen on sleds strewn around the cabin. Stewards said we were the only ones and all got great pleasure from it.
Hope they enjoy your priceless gift! Have a Happy New Year!
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Your cruise sounds amazing! Part of me would love the chance to celebrate a holiday on a cruise. Another part of me would miss our traditional holiday at home. I LOOOOVEEEE Christmas, and I think I would miss our home too much. A better idea for me would be to leave on boxing day, and celebrate New Year's on a ship. Perhaps when the kids are older.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Oh yeah, which March sailinga are you on? We sail March 19th.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991