Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Super Bowl on the Noordam

We will be boarding the Noordam on Super Bowl Sunday and were wondering where on board we could catch the game. I don't know if the ship has a big screen on the top deck like some of the Carnival ships do or if we would have to go to the sports bar. If we have to watch in the sports bar is it smoke free? I have asthma and am allergic to smoke, so that wouldn't work for me. We will be with a large group and would love to find a place where we could all watch together.

Thanks for any info!
Terri
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Not Noordam, but I did sail on HAL a couple of years back during Super Bowl. They did a great job, showing the game in all the lounges onboard, and each had a different "themed" "tail gate party" going on, with different types of hot and cold food and snacks.

They only big screen I can recall for the game was the Queen's Lounge I believe.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Captain

We have been aboard HAL ships a number of times on Super Bowl Sunday and they always ran a great party.

It will be shown on cabin tv's, sports bar (where smoking is permitted) and they will set up big screen tv in either Show Lounge or Crows Nest. (NO smoking permitted in either the Show Lounge or Crows Nest on Noordam.)

They'll have 'game day snacks' such as hot dogs and munchies and, of course, beer and drinks will be available for purchase.

The version you will see will not include the advertisements. They pull the signal down from satellite and unless there is a problem getting the signal, count on having a really fun time watching the game.

You're going to love Noordam...... she's a gorgeous ship with a great crew.
Old January 13th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I wanted to share these pics of Noordam's party in the showroom the day of last year's Super Bowl. It was the biggest tailgate party possible - complete with all the right junk food. You're going to love it!

Old January 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much for all your responses. Now I'm really looking forward to the trip - even more than I already was! I recently injured my hand and just found out I will probably need surgery on it - my appointment with the surgeon is tomorrow. Just hoping I can get the pain under control before we leave, but doubt the surgery will be before then. Anyway, these posts have helped me feel better after a really BAD week.

Terri
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Captain

Sorry about your injury, Terri. Hope you get good news from the surgeon.

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!!