CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Culinary Arts Centre (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/379956-culinary-arts-centre.html)

Queen of Oakville January 28th, 2011 02:48 PM

Culinary Arts Centre

I posted this on Cruise Cuisine with no replies :cry:

Has anyone attended? Did you like it? Any famous chefs?

I'm really looking forward to this.

Skipper's Mom January 28th, 2011 03:34 PM

We attended a few of the cooking demonstrations in the Culinary Center. They usually duplicate recipes from the menu. It's entertaining and a way to pass some time. We do not attend the ones that you pay for.

You will enjoy the Eurodam. She's a lovely ship.

MercedMike January 29th, 2011 12:18 PM

Culinary Center

We have attended a few of the demonstrations and they were fun. It seems to depend a lot on the Hostess aboard. We have had the ship's executive chef make full meals, and we have had fun things like "cooking with chocolate" that gave us a great recipe for Aztec Hot Chocolate!

Queen of Oakville January 30th, 2011 06:05 PM

Thanks - mmmm Aztec Hot Chocolate sounds delish!

I'd love to meet Jacques Pepin or Marcus Samuelsson.

DeeDee January 31st, 2011 12:14 AM

Here is a list of visiting Culinary Arts Executive Chefs & their schedules.

Cruise activity featured on Holland America Line luxury cruise vacations

As you can see most are on are on longer cruises and only a couple on the Eurodam in the Med & Baltic cruises.

I believe you are going on the Eurodam to the Caribbean, aren't you?

OMG - I can't believe that Ken Kostick is considered a Canadian Television Cooking Celebrity. :rolleyes: I don't think he's on the TV anymore but he and Mary Jo used to drive me crazy with their dribble when I watched their show a couple of times some years ago. Did you ever watch them?

I'll make sure not to go on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 13th :)

Queen of Oakville January 31st, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeDee (Post 1348122)
Here is a list of visiting Culinary Arts Executive Chefs & their schedules.

Cruise activity featured on Holland America Line luxury cruise vacations

As you can see most are on are on longer cruises and only a couple on the Eurodam in the Med & Baltic cruises.

I believe you are going on the Eurodam to the Caribbean, aren't you?

OMG - I can't believe that Ken Kostick is considered a Canadian Television Cooking Celebrity. :rolleyes: I don't think he's on the TV anymore but he and Mary Jo used to drive me crazy with their dribble when I watched their show a couple of times some years ago. Did you ever watch them?

I'll make sure not to go on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 13th :)

Thank you for that ... i googled but could only find last year's schedule. I'm sure I checked HAL too, that must have been recently posted ;) It doesn't like anyone's on my sailing (Eurodam Mar 19 - Carribean).

ewww and ewwww for Ken and Mary Jo. Okay, i will admit that they were pioneers back before we got Food Network Canada. .... but they're still on the air? The nubmer 1 show on CBC daytime? wow. Have you seen him lately? Looks like his had some surgery .... he does commericals for starfrit!

I'd love to see Chris Cosentino .... now that would have been cool.