Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Arrow Nieuw Amsterdam September 30 - Rome Tour

Re-taking my dream vacation. Booked in this same itinerary on October 6, 2010 and was interrupted by injury at Venice airport, I was repatriated for immediate surgery. I'm so happy of being able to do this cruise again! I'm organizing a private tour for Rome with an excellent Company, Discovery Tours, and I have only 4 seats available. If interested please let me know in this thread or private message. This is my first Mediterranean cruise.

I need to say that the care, support and help we received from the Nieuw Amsterdam's crew and Captain when I needed to be repatriated was priceless! By the way, never cruise without insurance, you never know when you will need it
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Admiral

OMG take care getting off the 'plane, then have a fantastic cruise.

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
OMG take care getting off the 'plane, then have a fantastic cruise.

Alan & Katrina
Thank you, I will. As a matter of fact what made me fall was a heavy purse. I tripped and the purse pulled me down like a magnet. But is OK, probably I will have more fun now. I loved Venice, so now we are staying 3 days pre-cruise!
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCM View Post
As a matter of fact what made me fall was a heavy purse. I tripped and the purse pulled me down like a magnet.
Now I have to admit that your reply made me smile, as we know a purse as a small item used by women to carry loose change and credit cards.
Which would make you either really really really really rich (hello my new best friend) or an American purse is more of a carrying bag

Of course it could explain why, with all that loose change, you were pulled down like a magnet

Have a lovely day,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Now I have to admit that your reply made me smile, as we know a purse as a small item used by women to carry loose change and credit cards.
Which would make you either really really really really rich (hello my new best friend) or an American purse is more of a carrying bag

Of course it could explain why, with all that loose change, you were pulled down like a magnet

Have a lovely day,

Alan & Katrina
Well, now was my turn to laugh. This was the problem and not that I'm really really rich (sorry, but you can still be my friend). This was my first trip to Europe and I was told that there are a lot of assaults to take your purse and property. Friends told me to buy an anti-theft purse which has some kind of light metal in the strap and bottom but...it also has a place for a water bottle (done) a small umberella (done) our flight was 14 hours so I took a book to read, and this and that, etc. Going out of the plane I told my friend that I couldn't wait to empty my bag because it was too heavy. 20 minutes later and walking to take the water taxi, I was on the floor with a broken arm. I hope this time I will be more intelligent!

I'm still looking for 4 people to share a Rome private tour
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Familiar Face

Check out this link which talks about Access America and how important it is to have travel insurance: Press Releases: AccessAmerica.com - Travel Insurance for Leisure and Business Travel
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Talking This tour is fully booked

This private tour Splendors of Rome is fully booked.