Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Oosterdam deck 5 verandahs over lifeboats Please advise!

I'm booked on a VE Verandah on the Oosterdam. We wanted to be closer to the water, so we planned on staying this low.

I'm in desperate need of confirmation. I just watched a video on Youtube titled Oosterdam 5126. When the video got to the verandah, there was a big hulking lifeboat right off the rail of the verandah!!!

I called HAL, my cruise consultant is out, and the person I spoke to said if it were really like this, it would be considered an obstructed view, and that the lifeboat is actually under my verandah, but it sure wasn't in this video!!!!!!

OMG, I'm in a panic. I'm in 5124!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Familiar Face

So, my panic was for not.

Holland America has the most wonderful and gracious cruise consultants!

I'm off the lifeboat now. Whew! Don't want to explain that one to DH! He still thinks I'm perfect!

I wanted to delete this, since it's really not useful and I was in a panic, but I can't find how to edit or delete.

Can the thread master, god, or whatever please delete this thread?

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Why delete when you have such a happy ending. i was so relieved to hear HAL took care of you.

Happy Days - be happy and have a great cruise.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Familiar Face

Glorious happy ending! And my cruise consultant was out for the week. It was his cover that helped out. I'm so impressed that they work so well as a team!

I know I could get OBC if I go through a travel agent, but imho, the cruise consultants really understand my needs and so far, have always helped!

It really isn't a bad cabin, but one of my very favorite things is to watch the light dance on the water lapping the side of the ship when the daylight is changing. Mesmerizing and relaxing.

I also left my CC a message at 4:45 on a friday that there was a sudden price drop. And you never know how long those last! I got an email at 5:01 that he got it covered. That was just above and beyond!