Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Captain

Default 35day Ryndam 4/1 Tampa to london, anyone going or interested?

Ship is going Tampa to London with 17 sea days and 17 ports currently starting at $1999 for inside. If I could find a roommate I would book today, paying twice that is a bit steep considering you have to add in flight home($500 to Dallas), excursions, and incidentals.

Young/old, male/female, smoker or not; I could care less as long as you can realize we are on vacation any issues can be worked out or we can avoid each other worst case scenario. I'm 31, male, have sailed about a dozen times but never more than a week at a time. I love to travel, am a bit of a foodie, drink rarely(champagne when we set sail, or a tasting in france wouldn't be unusual). I pack light so feel free to take the closet and don't snore that I'm aware of.

Feel free to pass on questions.
Michael
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

hi there.... are you still interested in going on the 35 day cruise? I have been on over a dozen crossings and truly enjoy them...but feel paying double is a bit crazy too! anyway, single gal from florida....tidy, social, enjoy working out on ship while at sea...and touring at the ports of call. We can share times together...or just be independent....i tend to be an early yet respectful riser...non-smoker, foodie & champagne kind of gal...enjoy meeting others on the ship who have a positive atitude...let me know what you think? thanks :-)
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Captain

Yes very interested in this sailing. Working thursday but would love to get it booked friday or this weekend to go ahead and lock in the cheap price and work on getting airfare. Have you sailed Holland before, often? I've yet to try them but have heard good things.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Captain

Still looking...I think I'll give it a week and then book single if no one steps forward.
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Captain

This forum is dead

Anyway I'm still interested in going but will be out of town 2/20-3/1 and likely not checking replies.

Decided to up the ante and see if that helps. I am offering to basically pay my cruise mate's gratuity on this trip(35 days x $10 day= $350). Found a deal through a TA going solo but it's still way cheaper to have a buddy along.

Cruise price: $1999
My price: $2350
Your price: $1650

Drop me a line I will respond as soon as I can.
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome Newcomer

You don't pay double. I have booked the TA portion only (Tampa-Rotterdam) as a single for about 25% over the double fare. There still should be food deals out there for the TA portion of the cruise (and perhaps for the 35 day one too?)

Bob
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement703 View Post
You don't pay double. I have booked the TA portion only (Tampa-Rotterdam) as a single for about 25% over the double fare. There still should be food deals out there for the TA portion of the cruise (and perhaps for the 35 day one too?)

Bob
"There still should be food deals" OOPS - "There still should be GOOD deals"