Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Sponsor for Grand World Voyage (2014 or 2015)

Please note: This is a serious post and I request serious replies only please.

I have been on two HAL cruises in the past aboard the Westerdam (both were RSVP gay cruises that I paid on my own) and several other cruises on other cruise lines - but not recently due to tight finances. I am an adventure bicyclist and in 2009 I rode a loaded touring bicycle from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Seattle WA - solo, self supported and paid for by myself (link of trip in profile). I am currently employed in a professional IT position but have had to take pay cuts in the last years due to the economy. I am, however, able to pay my own bills and have excellent credit.

I recently learned of the HAL Grand World Voyage and am determined to do this trip within the next several years. I have already applied for an IT position with HAL and hope that might make this dream a reality. If not hired by HAL I am also exploring other possible ways to do this trip with my limited finances (I will also need to pay my bills while on the trip and not working - just as I did on the bicycle tour).

I can think of many possible sponsors on a tour of this type and am open to suggestions. Perhaps you are:

- A business person who will need an assistant of some sort while you enjoy a more relaxed voyage

- A single traveler who would enjoy some company for conversation (non sexual!). I have been told I am a good conversationalist.

- A person with medical needs that would enjoy an assistant to help with your special requirements. Note that I am not a medical professional.

- A female traveler (widow / divorced / single) who would like a dance partner (I am gay but a good dance partner of various styles)

The point is that I am willing to work to make this trip possible - I just want to enjoy the ports along the way as well. On one past RSVP cruise I was a single traveler and was paired with an 84 year old gentleman as a cabin mate. We enjoyed our breakfast in the cabin veranda and several evening meals but also enjoyed time on our own. He was an very active character and we both enjoyed our trips very much.

That is my request in brief. If you have any ideas or suggestions or need more information please let me know. I hope this is not an inappropriate posting as I am serious about making my dream a reality.

Thank you,

Dennis
Sponsored Links