CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Help identify a HAL ship pic? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/398067-help-identify-hal-ship-pic.html)

diann744 July 22nd, 2013 09:41 PM

Help identify a HAL ship pic?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I usually hang out on Cruise Critic but I can't post there because Im hoping to track down a birthday gift for my sister and she'll surely see any inquiries that I post publicly on CC.

She fell in love with a painting/print on one of the ships (not sure which one) and I'm trying to see if I can find the artist's name or any other info that might lead me to obtaining a print for purchase. I've Googled everything I can think of and HAL Ship Services can't help even though I've seen hundreds of pieces from the same artist on HAL ships.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Diann

Lakers Fan July 22nd, 2013 09:43 PM

Sorry that I do not have an answer but check out CM ,you might like it.

Califaloha July 24th, 2013 03:29 AM

You could try to go to a web site like MetaFilter and ask for help in identifying the artist. My husband thinks he recognizes the painting from a Holland cruise we were on but we have been on several of their ships so don't know which ship. Good Luck!

diann744 July 24th, 2013 10:03 PM

Thanks guys. I have several folks working on this but it seems a tough nut to crack! All suggestions are appreciated.

sapper August 6th, 2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diann744 (Post 1480007)
Hi, I usually hang out on Cruise Critic but I can't post there because Im hoping to track down a birthday gift for my sister and she'll surely see any inquiries that I post publicly on CC.

She fell in love with a painting/print on one of the ships (not sure which one) and I'm trying to see if I can find the artist's name or any other info that might lead me to obtaining a print for purchase. I've Googled everything I can think of and HAL Ship Services can't help even though I've seen hundreds of pieces from the same artist on HAL ships.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Diann

You might try contacting CC poster Topsham who is Steven Card, the artist who paints all the lovely ship pictures you see in the stairways on HAL ships. He may have an answer for you. He lives in Bermuda.
You could either post a request for him to email you or I am sure if you used google you could find some way of contacting him.
Since he is very well known in Bermuda and his paintings hang in the maritime museum at the dockyard, an email to the museum could possibly put you in contact.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Steven a couple of times and he is a very pleasant person.

I am not betraying a poster's identity as he is quite open about it himself on CC.

richstacy August 7th, 2013 01:55 PM

I can certainly recommend that you not buy any cruise ship art.

sapper August 7th, 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richstacy (Post 1481546)
I can certainly recommend that you not buy any cruise ship art.

I didn't take the request to be about the pictures sold in art sales on board the HAL ships but rather that she was looking for a print of one of the many works of art that hang on the ships to be admired. I re read the OP's request and I guess it could be taken both ways. It has been a while since I have seen art sales on a HAL ship, thank goodness.