Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2000, 12:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pre-Cruise Hotel in Miami

Arriving Miami one day prior to our cruise on Triumph in July. Any recommendatiaons for a decent (clean & reasonably priced) hotel near the pier.

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2000, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default RE: Pre-Cruise Hotel in Miami

Hampton Court Inn in South Beach

wendy wrote:
>
> Arriving Miami one day prior to our cruise on Triumph in July.
> Any recommendatiaons for a decent (clean & reasonably priced)
> hotel near the pier.
>
> Wendy
Old September 14th, 2000, 01:57 PM
Lexi Cole

Hi Wendy,
I was looking for the same information two months ago and received this recommendation from another board. I thought I would pass it along to you. We stayed at the Sheraton - Four Points in Miami Beach. It’s all you asked for “decent, clean and reasonably priced.” Depending on when you plan to stay the rooms range from about $104 to $130.

Oh and here is a frequent traveler tip that I also learned researching our trip. If you find yourself staying at Sheratons, Westins, Four Points, join their Preferred guest program. http://www.preferredguest.com/ You earn “starpoints” two points for every dollar spent. They add up fast too. Then you can apply them toward free night stays at any of their hotel locations.

Have the best time on your trip! We’re planning our next cruise already, “The Cruise to Nowhere” out of NYC.

LEXI COLE

>>Arriving Miami one day prior to our cruise on Triumph in July. Any >>recommendatiaons for a decent (clean & reasonably priced) hotel near the pier.
>>
>>Wendy
Old September 17th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Sandra (UK)

Hi,

Can anyone give an idea as to cost of taxis in miami? Trying to decide where to stay pre cruise, airport hotel and get taxi to port or take taxi to downtown or south beach hotels .......decisions, decisions:-)

Sandra
Old September 17th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Sandra,
The Miami taxis have a set rate from the airport to downtown hotel area and the pier. If memory serves it's $26 or $28.
I would book a hotel downtown or South Beach as opposed to the airport area. U may as well enjoy your pre cruise evening taking in some of what Miami has to offer. Then u only have a $5- 10 taxi ride to the pier in the morning.
Regards,
Kuki
Old December 28th, 2000, 09:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kuki,

What are the hotels like in South Beach. I'm hearing all kinds of things. I've found a hotel (suposedly 3 star) called the Casablanca on Collins Avenue for $80.00 per night. But I've read opinions that South Beach is expensive and if you pay less than $100.00 per night you may get a dive. I'm soooo confused!!

Wendy