Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2000, 09:15 PM
skip

Default Best Western hotel in Miami

Hi , Can anybody tell me if they have stayed at the Best Western-Marina Park Hotel in Miami ? We are going down for a 2 day pre-trip in Jan. and I have not come across to many reviews for this hotel any info. would help.
Thank You Skip Triumph 1/27/01
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2000, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: Best Western hotel in Miami

Skip,
We have seen the place, haven't stayed there. Do yourself a favor, and find better!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old November 2nd, 2000, 09:55 AM
skip

Kuki, Thank-You for your time. It's hard to find a hotel under $155 per night in Jan. and I kind of knew this was to good to be true @ 89.00 per night! Back to the books
Old November 2nd, 2000, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Stayed there 2 years ago.. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere! A really poor place to stay IMO.
Old November 15th, 2000, 09:39 AM
Inez Lee

Hi there,
Stayed there last December. It was clean,safe and comfortable. You could do better but you could also do much worse. I've also stayed at the Marriott with a view of the port,great location but a lot more expensive. The Howard Johnson also has a wonderful view of the port but is located in a rather downtrodden part of Biscayne Blvd. Enjoy your cruise.
nezlee
Old November 15th, 2000, 09:54 AM
Tow_Zone

We stayed at this hotel one night prior to our cruise back in March of this year. We had four rooms, which came with 2 breakfasts per room. It's rough but you get what you pay for and it is the closest hotel to the market place which is located just across the street. I understand the hotels in the art deco district aren't much better and cost nearly as much as the Hyatt or Marriot Hotels. Which are more than double the Best Western Marina Park Hotel. I'd choose one of those if I wanted to stay in Miami or look further south where I heard there are some nicer places. One night prior to the cruise is not so bad considering the high cost of other hotels and the fact that your more interested in the cruise. But, while it isn't what I'd call dirty, it is just old and in disrepair. I can say that security and parking were very good. I would look elsewhere for more than a one or two night stay. Don't feel alone, I had a difficult time getting info on Miami Hotels myself. I think their afraid to tell us they are all that way.

Don't Park in a Tow_Zone
Old December 28th, 2000, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi there,

We're also looking for a hotel in Miami prior to our cruise in July (Triumph). I found a hotel in South Beach called the Casablanca. Rates were reasonable for July (approx. $80.00US). Also trying to find info but next to impossible. Love to hear what you though of the Triumph upon your return.

Wendy