Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Jsands

Default Venice or Milan

We need some advice/suggestions. We cruise from Barcelona to Venice and then fly out of Milan four days later. Should we spend the first two nights in Venice and the last in Milan before we fly out, or should we spend all three nights in Milan.

Also, can anyone recommend any first class hotels in either Venice and/or Milan (similar to the Four Seasons).

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Venice or Milan

IMHO: Stay as long as you can in Venice. (Personal favorite) Regarding hotels, can't help you out - but would appreciate hearing any feedback you might receive since we are in the process of planning our 4th Medit. cruise for next May and plan to spend 2 or 3 night in Venice. (On previous trips have overnighted on-board ships.)

If you elect to spend more time in Milan - have you considered traveling or perhaps spending a day in the Lake Region, specifically Como? We have been there 3X and it is beautiful - Lake Como is magnificent and the surrounding Alps enhances the beauty of the area. It is not too far from Milan - we fly in and out of Malpensa(sp?) airport in Milan.

Enjoy what ever your do.

Ahhhhhhhhh.....Venice!

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old April 20th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I vote for 2 nites in Venice and the last in Milan. We were in Venice for 2 nites - it's an experience that can't be described, and I definitely want to go back! Milan is nice too, so you shouldn't miss touring it a bit -- its so cosmopolitan and clean!

OT -- Noticed you're from the PTO -- for many years I was a trademark paralegal!
Old April 21st, 2001, 10:55 AM
sgrane

I lived in Venice for 4 1/2 months and visited Milan. Without a doubt, spend time in Venice, it is the most wonderful city in the world. In fact, if I were going back, I would only spend one day in Milan and would spend the rest of the time in Venice.

Have a great trip!

Sgrane