Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2001, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Miami Marriot Biscayne Bay

Has any one stayed at thie Marriott. We are a family of four looking for a good pre cruise option prior to our 12/21 cruise. We come in late on 12/19 for two nights. Looking for a nice way to spend the day on the 20th. We booked a concierge level room on the 26th floor with a view. The price $184.00. we have two teens and I felt that the cont. breakfast might be a good deal included on the concierge. A non view aaa rate is $148.00 Is this a south beach hotel?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Miami Marriot Biscayne Bay

We've stayed at the Biscayne Marriott a number of times. Its a very nice hotel, and located only a $ taxi ride from Bayside Market Place, or the pier. I'm sure u'll enjoy it.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old May 5th, 2001, 11:09 PM
carol f.

We stayed at the Marriott last Nov. This is a great Hotel. A $4. cab ride to the Market place where Hard Rock and tons of restraunts are. The continental breakfast is great. Have a great trip. Carol f.
Old May 16th, 2001, 01:26 PM
First Mate

We stayed at this hotel for our 4/14/01 Carnival-Triumph cruise. A major benefit was that Carnival did early-booking at one end of the lobby, and then did the Greyhound-bus thing for the passengers/luggage going on the Triumph. It was a little chaotic that morning, due to the masses of people piling their luggage and trying to push onto the buses. It appeared that the buses were scheduled to arrive at the pier about 12-12:30 (the loading started at 11:30).

We walked to the bayfront mall on Saturday night, and had a great dinner at Bubba Gumps. It was about a 15-min. walk. We did it at night, and there weren't too many people around. We felt safe, but I'm not sure I'd walk it again - we passed a commercial district and a park, and it got pretty dark and quiet at night.

The hotel restaurants were expensive. There's a coffee shop across the street, but it wasn't serving sit-down breakfasts. We walked over to the Hyatt for breakfast on Sunday. Royal Caribbean uses the Hyatt, and their passengers were backed up the same way that the Carnival passengers were. Prices were high there too -- I'm not sure that either hotel was a bargain.

Our first room didn't match my reservation -- it didn't have a couch, a patio or a view of the bay. I questioned the desk, and the clerk simply said that we got what was reserved (although I had only reserved the room 2 hours before, by cell phone while driving to Miami). We discovered that the air conditioning wasn't working. We called the desk again. Ten min. later the serviceman arrived, and said that the room's air conditioning couldn't be fixed that day. At that point, he called the desk and said the room couldn't be used -- and our porter returned, and said that he knew the air wasn't working and was surprised that we had agreed to stay in that room to begin with. The desk found another room for us in another 15 minutes -- surprise, it was the room that was originally described to us!!! It was a mini-suite (we were a family of 5), with a great view of the cruise ships in the distance. It didn't even bother me when the patio door fell off the tracks when we tried to go on the balcony. The linens were clean and the bed was comfortable, although the rugs were worn.

We didn't use the pool -- it was very small, and packed with kids. Everyone was so excited about the cruise and Easter, that it was a very festive atmosphere.

I hope this review is helpful -- for the convenience of transferring our luggage to Carnival on the morning of the cruise, we might stay here again. If we were in Miami for another reason or taking another cruise line, we'd probably try a different hotel.
Old May 16th, 2001, 01:30 PM
SHERATON BISCAYNE BAY!!!

Sorry -- WRONG HOTEL! We stayed at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. I remembered the ...Biscayne Bay, and whipped out my comments without double-checking. My apologies to you and to the Marriott.