Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotels at/around Port Canaveral?

Help! Can anyone provide names of several (hopefully) all of the hotels adjacent to or within very close proximity/view of Port Everglades (desire ability to see cruise ships as they arrive in the early am?) I have checked Embassy Suites, Hyatt Pier 66, and Best Western Marina, and Mariott, but all appear to be sold out. I need a room for Friday, November 9th (2 adults).

Any recommendations? Would welcome response asap. Thanks!

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2001, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hotels at/around Port Canaveral?

Did you try the Amerisuites, Holiday Inn Express or Renaissance hotel on 17th St? There wouldn't be a view of the ships, but these hotels are convenient to the piers. Lago Mar is another very nice hotel located right on the beach. It is right near the other Marriott which is the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort (really nice). You can walk down the beach from either of these 2 hotels to see the ships.
Carole =^..^=
Old October 8th, 2001, 12:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Carole. I will try my luck on those.
Old October 8th, 2001, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carole,

Is the Mariott Harbor Beach within walking distance to anything? Restaurants, nightlife, shops, etc.?
Old October 9th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Marriott Harbor Beach is a large very beautiful hotel with a really nice pool area located directly on the beach. It was recently renovated. My husband and I stayed here precruise for 3 nights last Sept. I didn't want to leave to go on our cruise. : )
From our hotel, we walked pretty the entire strip every night, however it is a pretty good walk. We did not have a car and wanted to get in some exercise before our cruise. There is really nothing right in the immediate area, but if you don't mind walking then yes you can walk to restaurants, night life, shops etc. We even walked up to Los Olas Blvd which was maybe a mile. If you don't want to walk you can easily take a taxi from the hotel lobby. It shouldn't cost too much since things are not that far away from the hotel. We also took the water taxi which was located at a hotel not too far from ours on the other side of A1A. We just walked right over there too.
Come to think of it there was also another Best Western hotel right near the Marriott. It was nothing fancy but was located right near the beach. We had to walk past it to get to our hotel. There is also an older Sheraton Yankee Clipper here too and a Radisson hotel a little further down the strip.
You may also want to retry some of the hotels you already called because you never know someone may cancel especially with all that is going on. Hyatt Pier 66 is really nice too. I have also stayed here. It has a revolving night club with a great view of the ships. The Marriott Marina gets lots of good reviews too.
Carole =^..^=
Old October 23rd, 2001, 04:17 PM
weir here

Default Radisson at the port!

We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port - free parking (not in a locked lot) while on our Fantasy cruise, beautiful pool with waterfall, did the breakfast w/room, Very Nice. Last year/ 139.00 for a family of four. Also, had free shuttle to the with just a good tip. The hotel was only about 5 minutes to the port, not on the beach, but was totally unimpressed with Cocoa beach after being in Nassau. I tried hard to plan the cruise same as lift off, though, of course it was delayed.