Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
Cookie

Default Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

Sailing Oct 13th on the Grand out of Ft Lauderdale. I would really like to stay in the Embassy Suites, as it is my hubby's birthday and would like to do it up right, but for a price of $170? I am making all the plans for 2 couples and managed to get a good price/cabins on the cruise and would hate to kill that paying so much for the hotel stay. I'm confused about how people get the hotel they prefer on Hotwire or PriceLine for as little as $55. That's too amazing! I have tried biddingfortravel, but as I have webtv I cannot get in all of the areas on that site. Are there any secrets to getting the Embassy Suites on Priceline or Hotwire that you would kindly share? Thanks so much for your help.
Cookie
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:23 PM
Suzie

Default Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

We stayed at the Embassy Suites pre and post cruise and loved it. If you can't get to priceline through biddingfortravel, just go directly to Priceline.com. Choose the Fort Lauderdale zone (not fort lauderdale beach), 3*, and bid $55. It was that simple. Biddingfortravel tells you how to go about bidding with free zones, but I bid in December for an April room and then bid again in February for another April room. Both times I got the Embassy Suites on the first try. Our check-in and stays were wonderful. I'm a believer. Good Luck!
Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:33 PM
Cookie

Default Re: Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

Thank you so much Suzie, for your tips. I appreciate it and so will my hubby and friends! Cookie
Old May 23rd, 2002, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

Mid to end of October in Ft Lauderdale is the in water boat show. Hundreds of yachts and thousands of yacht buyers and lookers are in town and occupy virtually every hotel room. You may be running into a period that the hotels have no reason to discount their
rooms. Call one of the hotels directly and ask that question.
Good luck.
Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:23 PM
gann

Default Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

You can get the Amerisuites on 17th st. which is real close to the Embassy Suites for $75 a night. Try www.valuetrips.com
Good luck,
Don
Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Cookie LaCava

Default Re: Re: Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

Thank you guys so much!!!! Suzie they took my second bid of $60 and I am so thrilled.
Bill, the hotel told me the boat show was the 3rd Sat of the month. I'm really glad you told me about that. They said the rooms fill up quite fast and rates skyrocket. Rushed to priceline and have my 2 suites. I hope others know about the boat show if it falls at the same time they are sailing.
Thank You Gann, but the free cooked to order breakfast and the free cocktail hour (actually its 2 hrs), were too much to resist! Thank you all. Cookie
Old May 24th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Mike Regan

Default Re: Re: Re: Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

> Mid to end of October in Ft Lauderdale is the in water boat
> show. Hundreds of yachts and thousands of yacht buyers and
> lookers are in town and occupy virtually every hotel room. You
> may be running into a period that the hotels have no reason to
> discount their
> rooms. Call one of the hotels directly and ask that question.
>
> Good luck.

Bill,
Do you know why it is so expensive the weekend of Nov 15 ? I know that there is a Nascar Race in Miami on Sunday. But I have been trying to price them for over two Months and can't find anything under $120.00 a night ( for Friday Nov 15th)
Bill wrote: