Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Rico Hotel

Does anyone know of a good decent reasonable hotel in Puerto Rico for one night. Thinking about coming in on the day before. Also should you book yourself, travel agent or priceline. I am always afraid to do priceline, don't know where it is. Any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

I would try priceline, just bid in the san juan area and 4 star or better. You should be able to get something very reasonable. Check out <www.biddingfortravel.com>
Old January 16th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

Hi Helene,
We did a pre-cruise at the Wyndham in Old San Juan, nice location and close to all the shops and right across the street is the pier, so its nice to see the ship come/leave. Great place to stay if cruising the next day, lots of cruisers will be there :-)

They also have a web-site if you want to check it out:

http://hotel-chains-online.com/asp/W...sp?ID=10218414

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 17th, 2003, 01:25 PM
emee

Default Re: Re: Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

donna do you remember how much your room was. How much would you start your bid for. I never did this before . thanks
Old January 17th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

Hi Emee,
Sorry, we just booked the room directly with them and did get a special, I think it was about $180 for the one night, most hotels in San Juan are on the expensive side, so this was an OK price. Don't know all the details for bidding, but may-be another poster can help?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 30th, 2003, 06:55 PM
MikeB

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

My wife was able to get a room for 2 nights before our cruise on the Sea Princess for March 13&14. We are paying $125 for the Regency which is in the heart of Sanjuan and the other hotels. She is still trying priceline for a better deal but the way things are going with them I don't think it will happen.
What you do is ask for a location you want to stay and the # of stars and they will give you a choice of about 4. You usually bid low (about $75-80). If they refuse your bid you have to wait 72 hours before you can make another bid and hope they don't refuse you.

The best thing to do is what we did. We booked the Regency (a 3*) with the option to cancell without any charge if Priceline accepts our bid(which is up to $100 now then you add in tax and everything else. We got the Regency through Expedia without any problem. The hotel is very nice and right across the beach with many places to go and eat in the area.

Good luck
Mike
Old February 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
emee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Rico Hotel

Mike-
great idea about the option. How close is the hotel to the airport and to the cruise ships. We will be taking a cruise.