Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default hotel puerto rico

Will I have trouble getting a pre cruise one night room in San Juan. Any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cherylinmaine Send a message via Yahoo to cherylinmaine
Default Re: hotel puerto rico

Hi Helene
My mother and I are sailing on the Dawn out of PR in November. We booked rooms at the Comfort Inn Tanama Princess pre cruise and the Radisson Ambassador post cruise. You can find the Comfort's online booking at Choice Hotels Internationals' website www.choicehotels.com and put San Juan and it will bring up the available hotels in there. Radissons' is www.radisson.com. Also you can look into puertorico.wheretostay.com they have lots of different hotels on that website. Have a fun cruise.
Cheryl

Old February 22nd, 2003, 03:55 AM
Chipmeister

Default Re: Re: hotel puerto rico

Cheryl, don't want to put a spoiler on your hotel choice but just to give you a heads-up, we stayed at the Tanama Princess last March for one night. Nice name but not a very nice hotel. It was a pretty basic place and the people there were nice enough but the rooms(at least ours) was not very nice. Old carpeting, exposed pipes, the place just looked very worn. Plus, as luck would have it, our room was just above the bar, which on that nigh (Friday) seemed to stay open until 3a.m. There were lots of people hanging out in the street in front and between them making a racket and the bass from the music in the bar, it was very hard to sleep. The free breakfast was outside by the pool deck and was very basic. The area they served it in was not very nice either. Don't want it to sound like we are complainers who are never satisfied. We usually are pretty happy in places others have complained about. I'm a very heavy sleeper so noise usually does not bother me, but that was LOUD. If you are only going to be there a short time and you don't have very high expectations, it's probably o.k. But, it just wasn't what the ads seemed to make it out to be.