Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Christy

Default To Whom It May Concern...

Just booked a 3 star hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I selected 3 star, then all areas that were on the water and the airport area.

My first bid was $40, which was turned down.

Then I used my husbands' log in (they will not let you request the same options for 3 days), and did the same thing, but bid $60.

My bid was accepted, and I recieved the 3 star Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport in a standard room with a King size bed. .This hotel is approx 2 miles from the airport, and the hotel offers free Airport Shuttle service from 5 AM -to- 1 AM.

After tax and processing fee, my total was 72.22. If you book it at Holets.com, the rates are 129-319, and at the sight they are $115 and up not including 11% tax (6% sales tax & 5% occup tax per room, per night). So I saved at least $50!

Priceline was easy, and the check-in hour is the standard check-in time for that hotel (3pm). You can request a King size bed to the hotel after your bid has been accepted.
I am very glad I did it! If you do not want an airport hotel, just select the areas you want.

There really is no risk to Priceline hotel buying, in my opinion. Just select 3 star if you want to spend about $60. They will not give you anything less than 3 stars, and all the 3 stars I have seen are very nice. If you want to go even cheaper, select 2 star and bid lower.

If you want 3 star, $40 is too low, they denied my $40 bid. I would start out with $50, and take a chance. If they deny it, log in under a different account using another email address (spouces maybe), and then bid $60.

The prices I got were for a March 9th, 1 night stay. I am not sure how much time of year will affect the prices. I suggest going to hotels.com and looking under 3 star hotels for the dates you need, then cutting that price in at least half.

Good Luck!
Christy
Sponsored Links