Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2003, 12:02 AM
Yeoman

Default has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver'?

i would like some feedback on this hotel. i am booked there the night before my cruise. i wanted to be close to the pier (canadian place) and eating/shopping. i am locked in at $130 canadian dollars. but this is for a room without a pier view. please advise to let me know if this is a good deal. right now the hotel is booked already for september 9 , so i am asuming it is a decent place? any replies are welcome good or bad about this hotel. dusty
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver'?

Don't know the Days Inn in Vancouver. In Sept 2001 we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Center and loved it. The price through AAA was a little over $100. The staff was fantastic -- we were there on 9/11 and couldn't get a flight out. We had a corner room with view of the city and the harbor. The location is perfect for walking to the harbor and the gaslamp district. From this site, you can also walk to Stanley Park.
Old February 25th, 2003, 10:09 PM
frugal hotel

Default Re: Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver'?

We stayed there b4 a cruise in 2001 and things may have changed, but we HATED it. It is indeed close to the pier, but the hotel itself was bad.

There were 4 rooms rented in our group, one room had no window, our room had a window which was at alley level (i was concerned about a break-in to be honest), and all rooms were very small and poorly laid out. I recall our rate was more than you are paying, but if there are other choices with similar rates, i'd choose elsewhere.

I'd consider Priceline or Hotwire as you can get some great deals.

Check out www.BetterBidding.com for hotels and rates that others have received.
Old March 21st, 2003, 08:03 PM
JANYCE

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn and it was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. It is a clean pleasant hotel and alot cheaper than the hotels on Canada Place. It is only two blocks from Canada Place. I would recommend it in a minute.
janyce
Old March 22nd, 2003, 08:20 AM
toley

Default Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver'?

Dusty,
I can't help with the Days Inn, but we stayed at the Renaissance and got a good rate through AAA. We were pleased with it and the harbor view. It wasn't far from the pier.
Toley
Old March 26th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Roxann

Toley
We are staying at the Renaissance this July - can you walk with luggage to Canada Place?
Old April 3rd, 2003, 10:38 AM
Roxann

Toley
We are staying at the Renaissance this July - can you walk with luggage to
Canada Place?
Old April 23rd, 2003, 08:31 AM
toley

Default Re: Re: Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver'?

Roxann,
Sorry that I did not reply sooner, but I forgot I had posted anything here. To answer your question, yes, you could walk depending on how fit you are, but I wouldn't recommend it. We walked from the Renaissance many times just to look at the ships, etc. when we were in Vancouver. We happen to love to walk, but it wouldn't be much fun with heavy luggage. The best way to go is by cab. The hotel will hail a cab for you and it is a short ride. It was not expensive, but I don't recall how much. The best part is that the cab will take you beneath the building right to the check-in area. Fast and easy. We went early, about 11:30 or so and were nearly the first ones to check in. No line! What ship will you be on? If I can help in any other way, let me know.
Toley
Old April 24th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Roxann

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vancouver

Toley

Thanks for the information. I will plan on a cab to the dock. Traveling Radiance of the Seas 7/19. Can't wait!!

Roxann
Old May 11th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Luvcruising

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: has anyone stayed at the 'days inn vanco

Roxann: I think the Radiance sails from Balytine (sp) pier, not from Canada Place--I think Balytine is aobut 15 minutes from Canada Place.