Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2003, 09:28 AM
Melania

Default Hotwire

Has anyone had any experience with hotwire? I have gone to the various web sites and have used priceline often. I was unable to get a winning bid on Priceline for Ft Lauderdale due to large conventions that were happening the weekend I was planning on going. I was looking at a 3.5/3 star at the Ft Lauderdale Beach Zone. According to various web sites it could possibly be the Sheraton Yankee Clipper or Sheraton Yankee Trader. Has anyone stayed there before? Do you think another hotel could pop up in that zone? I am hoping it is not the Ramada. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotwire

I won a 3 star on Priceline for FLL Beach of the Doubletree Galleria Suites @ $75 last April. I understand the Doubletree Oceanfront is also a winning bid on Priceline which is right on the beach. The suite was great especially for a family. No perks other than yummy cookies! It was about a $20 taxi ride from the airport and $15 from our Carnival pier. Good Luck.
Old July 7th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Melania

Default Re: Re: Hotwire

Thanks for the information. I did book on hotwire and I got the Sheraton Yankee Trader, looks okay. Glad to know about the Double Tree though. I kept getting rejected on Priceline due to conventions the time I was going.
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:44 PM
thereuare

Was this the 3* or 3.5* hotel?

It would be appreciated if you would post your winnng info at www.BetterBidding.com so that it will help others in the future that have a similar situation as yours.

THANKS!
Old July 11th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Boo Boo

Hi, have you thought about bidding for the Embassy Suites through Hotwire? Its not "beach zone", but its a 3.5 star all suite hotel very close to the port on the 17th St Causeway (and not far from the beach). I have only read very positive comments about it.

I have booked the Embassy Suites through Hotwire for out pre-cruise stay later this month: have only heard very positive things about it, it includes free breakfast and cocktails each day and only cost about $48 a night ($114 for two nights total - including fees and taxes). This seemed like a bargain too good to miss...

The Embassy Suites is (as certain as you can be with Hotwire) the Hotwire selection in the "downtown" area which is 3.5stars and has "S" (i.e. suite hotel) as an amenity.

Its worth considering (especially at that price...).

Boo
Old July 13th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Boo, I have tried for 2/2004 for Embassy on Hotwire. They want $303 per room and I need 2 rooms. That's way out of my budget!
I will keep trying.
Bon Voyage
Old July 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Melania

The Sheraton Yankee Trader is a 3.5 star hotel. I am sure it will be fine.
Old August 24th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

We wanted the Radisson Resort at the Port in Port Canaveral. We got prices of like over 100 per night. We went on Hotwire, and it said like 40 a night for a 2 star. I dont want a 2 star, how do you change it, and how do you know what you get??? I think were gonna stick to Expedia in booking hotels. Not knowing where your staying when you give them your payment info is kinda weird. Just my opinion.

Roh
Old August 25th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Melania

Did you already book it and was it charged to the credit card? It is a gamble on what you might get. I tried to do a bit of research on some of the hotels before I purchased. I have used Priceline for the Boston area since I have stayed at all those hotels in that specific area and I had an idea of what they would be like. I have done some research in Ft Lauderdale but some of the other areas there are not a lot of posts about them. If you have already been charged on the credit card you really can't cancel.
Old August 26th, 2003, 10:24 AM
thereuare

BetterBidding.com can often help you identify the Hotwire hotels.

It is indeed a bit concerning buying your hotel room without knowing the name... but the savings represented are usually worth it, especially if you think you have identified the hotel beforehand.