Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Rosco

Default Tampa hotels with shuttles

Does anyone know of a Tampa hotel that has both a shuttle to and from the airport, and also the pier? We have a large family flying in to Tampa the day before a cruise, and would like to make the transfers easy for everyone.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM
deb_76

Default Re: Tampa hotels with shuttles

Me also going in January 04
Old October 1st, 2003, 08:50 PM
Admiral

The Hilton has shuttles in both directions. Grand Hyatt has Airport Shuttles but not to the Pier. However this is a four star property and accepts $56 bids on Priceline. They also have free airport parking for cruisers.
Old November 5th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Yeoman

My husband and I are staying at the Radisson Riverwalk and they offer a free shuttle to the port. However, they do not have a shuttle from the airport. We are taking Bay Shuttle roundtrip for 2 for $34.00. Hope this helps.

Cathy
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Marobarb

Try Howard Johnson Tampa Airport/Stadium, 2055 N Dale Mabry Hwy.
Free parking, free shuttle to and from Port of Tampa, and also, I believe, the airport.
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Is the port consider in the "Downtown" area of Tampa.. I'm tring to figure out which area of the City to bid on Priceline to be Closest to the Port for Our 1 night pre-stay

Any help would be Appreicated

Srpilo
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Back in september we stayed at a Holiday Inn and it was about 20 minutes or so from the airport and they picked us up from the airport. You just tell them what time and they are there about every hour or so. It did'nt cost anything except people were givnign them a small tip. They will take you to the port of Tampa also and a mile within the hotel. It's close to downtown. I don't have the info on me but it was a pretty nice hotel. Good luck
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:34 PM
tampa cruiser

We always stay at the Tampa Airport Hilton, this is 2 miles from the airport with a real good shuttle service. Next to the hotel is the International Mall and then there is another mall 2 miles from the hotel. Tthe shuttle service will take you within 3 miles of the hotel, they drop you off and pick you up. The hotel was just renovated and usually you can bid for good weekend rates. The Hilton has a shuttle to the Port Terminal, they do charge $5 per person which inlcudes the bellman and driver tips. we found the shuttle to be effeincient and organized, you can actually arange your shuttle ahead of time to the port before even leaving home with the bell captain, he is very organized and has alot of knowlege of the the tampa port terminal. We tried other hotels in tampa in the past and found there is no shuttle plan on the morning of the cruise, you just sit in the lobby and kind of wait. At the Hilton, you know your shuttle time and they have always left on-time sometimes even early. Avoid the Howard Johnson or Days Inn on Dale Mabry, this is the red light district of Tampa with a view of the Tampa Nude busienss in adddition to very dirty hotels (you will regret taking your family here).
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:36 PM
tampa cruiser

Default Re: Re: Tampa hotels with shuttles

Avoid the Howard Johnson.....this place is awful, your view is the tampa nude businesses and very dangrerous area.....not worth saving a few $$$
Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We're staying at Chase Suites Hotel. Two bedrooms w/king size beds, pull out couch @ $157/night
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:10 PM
Rob_N_Tam

I think You will be happy at chase suites... short walk to two nice "Beachy" bars... Bahama Breeza and Green Iguana. and a little further to Whiskey Joes.
Old May 10th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to LuLu

We stayed at Chase Suites pre/post cruise in 2/2003. We got it on Hotwire. It was a very nice hotel. They have a nice breakfast and airport shuttle. It was very clean.

I just got LaQuinta Inn Airport on Spruce St across from International Mall supposedly on Priceline. I have heard mixed reviews. I paid a very nice price with breakfast and shuttle. Any info??
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:49 AM
First Mate

I've never used Priceline - do you have any choices in the matter, or do you just tell them what you are willing to spend and they find a place for you and you get what you get? We would like to find a place that will shuttle us from the airport and sure would be nice if they would take us to the pier the next morning.

Would also like to keep it reasonable. (Would prefer to spend my $$ in the ports and on the ship )
Any suggestions? We know NOTHING about Tampa. Thanks very much

Joyce