Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Maria65

Default Radisson Downtown Miami

I decided to go the Priceline route and got this hotel for $42. Has anyone stayed here? Any problems or concerns? (from what I've read this may have been previously called the Renaissance???)

We're a family of 6 and would be taking a taxi van from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. Can anyone give me an estimate of what I should expect the fares for this to be?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Radisson Downtown Miami

Hi Maria,
I too got this hotel for a Feb cruise and will be using taxi's to get from the airport to hotel and then to the pier the next day. I don't think the fare will be too much, sure beats taking the cruiseline transfers. BTW, I bid $50 and got it, so you got an even nicer deal, good for U. When are you cruising?

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Maria65

November 2nd. Now that my kids are back in school, I need to get down to serious planning time. I booked the cruise a long time ago, and now it's almost here.
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Radisson Downtown Miami

Hi Maria,
Would love to hear how you liked the hotel and its location when you return?? Now, I just need to hook up with some decent airfare, so far no luck, but still have time, thanks GOD!

Take care,

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 12th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Beginner

I also bid on Priceline and got this hotel for $42.00. I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed there.
Old September 14th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Admiral

You can go to:

biddingfortravel.com and look under the hotel reviews. I'm sure someone has reviewed the Radisson on there.

Have a great trip!

Old October 19th, 2003, 11:11 AM
tigercat

I am also looking for a review of this hotel. Have gone to betterbidding and there is no review of this hotel. We just got it on Priceline for $40.00 for Jan. 25/04. My dh is really leery on this so I am hoping that it is a decent hotel, and near to the port.
tigercat
Old October 19th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Hi Tiger,
Yes, it is near to the port, that much I can tell. You will be there before us, so you'll have to give us the rundown??

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 19th, 2003, 03:56 PM
tigercat

Won't Maria be there before me? On her thread she said November 2? I was really hoping that (and I'm sure the rest of you were as well) someone has stayed in this hotel before this and could tell us what it is like. Oh well. I can't seem to find another site that gives a review of this hotel but will keep looking.
tigercat
Old October 19th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Hi Tiger,
Yes, I was hoping too, but may-be someone just back from the hotel can fill us in??

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:32 PM
tigercat

Boy I hope so because I just found a web site with a couple of reviews and except for one they weren't very good. Now the reviews were for the start of the year and they said that they were doing some more renovations.
tigercat
Old October 20th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Joannanna

My husband and I also bid on this Hotel for our pre-cruise stay. We bid $35.00 and our bid was accepted. I have also searched for information on this hotel, but have not come up with much information yet. I hope someone who has stayed there posts their review.

Jo
Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:57 PM
asheskat

Just read reviews on cruisecritic site under royal carib. board. Sounds good, got it for $35 for Jan. on priceline.
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:41 PM
tigercat

ash could you tell me about where on the reviews of RCCL is it. I looked but couldn't find anything so wasn't sure if I was looking at the right place.
tigercat
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:06 AM
First Mate

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson since October??? How was it?

Carnival Spirit

Old November 14th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Maria65

I stayed there Nov 2. It was clean and bug-free. The public areas are very nice and what you would expect at a downtown hotel in a major city. The hallways and room were not as nice, a little threadbare in places, but we may have been in a yet to be renovated part of the hotel. The pool was clean and appeared well-maintained. We had an excellent breakfast Sunday morning in the hotel restaurant.

The immediate area around the hotel is not so great. It's not really downtown as the name would imply. It's a good mile or so north of the skyscrapers/port area. They do have a free shuttle to Bayside which we took advantage of Saturday night. We returned to the hotel by the People Mover transit system. this is about two blocks from Bayside and I was starting to feel a little nervous as this was deserted and not well-lit at night. We rode it back to the station next to the hotel without a problem. I'm not sure I would do that at night again.

For $35 or $45, it's a great value. I can't imagine spending $180 or staying there for a weekend getaway.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Priceline and stay there again, but having said that, I would be happy to get a different hotel too.