Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for Ft Lauderdale sailing w/Miami Hotel

Sailing on the Coral Princess on 4/11/04, which is sailing out of Ft Lauderale. We would like to stay at a hotel in Miami the day before and shuttle/cab to Ft Lauderdale pier. Are there any Miami hotels with shuttle service to Ft Lauderdale piers? How much does a cab costs? How far is Miami from Ft Lauderdale (time and distance)? Would it be more complicated on the return to the Miami airport? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:11 PM
thereuare

Default Re: Looking for Ft Lauderdale sailing w/Miami Hotel

I doubt you'll find any Miami hotels with a shuttle to the Ft. Lauderdale pier as it's about an hour trip and a $65 cab ride.

I can help with advice on a hotel in either area but i thought the above info may cause you to reconsider your plans.
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Beginner

I would appreciate your advice on hotels in both areas, besides I haven't booked any air yet anyway. I am just gathering information to explore my options. thank you.
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:58 PM
thereuare

Default Re: Re: Looking for Ft Lauderdale sailing w/Miami Hotel

My suggestion is to stay closest to the pier (even if you fly to Miami, travel to Ft. Lauderdale that nite and sleep in that area) as it leaves less potential for problems to arise (car trouble, accident, traffic, forgetting a suitcase at the hotel, etc).

Popular hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area for pre-cruise stays include the Embassy Suites,the Marriott Marina, and Hyatt Pier 66. The AmeriSuites is a slightly less expensive option which generally gets good reviews, although some recent reports is that it's a bit "tired" looking (concensus is that it's fine for a one nite stay, but not a place to spend a vacation).

Priceline and Hotwire are great in both Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. See http://www.betterbidding.com for help with Priceline or Hotwire if you choose that option.
Old December 12th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Admiral

We stayed in the Hyatt Regency right near the port of Miami in Feb the night before our cruise. Our room overlooked the port too and it was a very nice hotel. Alot of people going on our cruise stayed there!! We got it on priceline.com for 35.00 too! Can't beat that price!

WOO HOO I'M IN DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!

Post Edited (12-12-03 18:35)