Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 01:56 PM
KevinA

Default Ft Lauderdale to Miami

I'm sailing out of Miami with Carnival but I would like to fly into Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. I can save about $150.00 a person by doing this. My question is what is the best way to get there.

Will any hotels pick you up at Ft Lauderdale and take you to Miami?

I can rent a car, since I plan on staying a day or so prior to sailing but really don't want to rent a car for the return trip.

Will a taxi go that far? How much?

Will Carnival pick you up at Ft. Lauderdale and transfer you to Miami? In other words, fly to Ft. Lauderdale, stay in a hotel there, then go to the airport and catch a ride on a shuttle to Miami.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2003, 04:45 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale to Miami

We used a shuttle service to get from FLL to our hotel in downtown Miami. There are lots of them. We used Tri-Country Transport, they are based out of the FLL airport. It was $55 for a towncar to take us to our hotel in downtown Miami (there were 4 adults).
They have a website www.floridalimo.com
Old December 30th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ft Lauderdale to Miami

We rented a car from Thrifty at the FLL airport and dropped it off at the Hyatt Miami Downtown. Thrifty has an office there (plus we stayed there). I think the office at the Hyatt was only open until 6pm.
Old January 7th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Hank

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale to Miami

We have used Carnival out of Miami a few times, and flew into Ft Lauderdale.

You can buy a voucher from Carnival for pick-up at either the Ft Lauderdale or Miami airport.

We go in a day early and stay at a Ft Lauderdale hotel that has airport shuttle service, then just go to the Ft Lauderdale airport the next day and you will find the Carnival people at baggage pick-up. They will direct you where to wait for your respective ship's pick-up point.

Enjoy