Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HOTEL NEAR THE LONG BEACH PIER OR ONE NEARBY WITH FREE TRANSPORTATION TO THE PIER.

ALSO LOOKING FOR A PLACE NEAR THE BEACH IN SANTA MONICA FOR 2 NIGHTS.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A HOTEL NEAR THE AIRPORT OR CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT NEAR SOMEWHERE THAT WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO DO ALL DAY FOR A POST-CRUISE DAY ALSO.
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2004, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

You may want to stay on the Queen Mary right next to the Carnivals dock... if you are going Carnival. It costs about $100 a night, but you get priority boarding if I am not mistaken.

Sorry to say the rooms are not luxury-type rooms, but small standard rooms, just basicsally a place to sleep until your cruise.

As far as post-cruise ideas, The Aquarium of the Pacific is right across the bay from the Queen Mary and Carnival dock.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
robertj668

Default Re: Re: LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

I agree

We are booked on the Queen mary this Sunday! Its a great ship to explore. last time my wife and I were there just to visit the ship and spent all day on there. We took the ship tour. It was great. The aquarium is really close by too. It is right at the pier for Carnival and I think but may be mistaken Princess too. Though Royal Carribean is located on the San Pedro Pier.

By the way we booked the Hotel at Hotels.com

Hope this helps

Robert & Lisa
Old January 24th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

Thanks for the info. We have booked the Queen Mary pre-cruise. Still looking for an area for post cruise. We might never get back to L.A. so we were looking at W. Hollywood or Beverly Hills. Someplace near an area where we could do some sightseeing or shopping during the day. Any suggestions for an area, a hotel or attractions?? Thanks for all your help.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
robertj668

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

Hi all to read this

We enjoyed our Stay on the Queen Mary and would do it again. Food was a bit expesive for my budget. we spent a small amount of $75 for Lunch an afternoon snack and Dinner. That was not at their very nice place called Winstons.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Airport the night before we stayed on the Queen Mary. They picked us up at the Long Beach Airport and took us to the Queen Mary (Or Carnival/Princess Pier) for free!!!

We had a rate for about 100!

Enjoy the Queen Mary, Should I mention the it is said to be haunted?

Robert & Lisa
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default LA Hotels pre-cruise/post-cruise

HAUNTED?!? I hate when that happens...

Yes, that is the rumor. Oh well, we will have to find out 5-29-04, before we head out to the Mexican Riviera on The Pride.