Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Kathy Sylvester

Default Hotels in Miami

I am interesting in trying Priceline or Hotwire to book a hotel in Miami for one night on July 16 before we leave for our cruise on July 17. Can you specify a region of Miami (i.e. near the port) when you are inputting your data? I have also read on other posts that you should request a 3*. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hotels in Miami

I booked a room through Priceline for a pre-cruise stay in April, requested the Downtown district, which will get you a room near the Port. Bid $35.00 for a 3* and got it. Wound up with the Hyatt Regency.

Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old January 26th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Admiral

3* in Downtown district....got the Hyatt Regency for our prenight cruise stay on Jan 31st 2003..for 45.00. Try that area and star rating. Priceline tends to rate their hotels low so a 3* is more like a 4*

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Kathy, We leave for our cruise on April 11th on the Carnival Victory. We are going down a day early also and I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Miami for $108.00. Just today I went on Priceline.com and booked a room at the Radisson which is a three star hotel For $35.00. We decided to give Priceline.com a try. We never used them before but it seems to have worked out fine. Give them a try.
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Kathy Sylvester

Does anyone know about the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami? It is any good? Has anyone stayed there?
Old January 31st, 2004, 10:16 PM
Kathy Sylvester

Thanks everyone for your feedack. I'm going to give PriceLine a try. Do these hotels in the Downtown area offer transportation from Miami Airport and also transportation to the Port of Miami?
Old February 1st, 2004, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Hotels in Miami

I know the Hyatt Regency offers transport to the port as it's really close to it.
Not sure about the airport but you can always give them a call to make sure before bidding. It's called the Hyatt Regency in Miami and you can get their phone number off the Hyatt website.

Old February 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
Kathy Sylvester

For those of you who have used PriceLine to get a room in downtown Miami, how many rooms did you need? There are 7of going so we need two rooms, 3 in one room and 4 in the other. I read on PriceLine that they guarantee double occupancy. Any more than that you have to call the hotel directly who accepted your bid. I feel nervous about not possibly having the accommodations I need
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Yes, do be careful as priceline does only guarantee double occupancy.
We ran into a problem with a hotel we got where it was one queen size bed and we had 3 of us (me, hubby and our daughter). I even contacted the hotel directly via email and requested a roll away bed (extra 10.00) but when we arrived they said they had NONE and we had to quickly go to walmart and pick up our daughter a sleeping bag and she had to actually sleep on the floor! I understand it wasn't pricelines fault however the hotel knew we needed a bed and even emailed me saying they could accomodate us but when we got there they said all the rollaways were taken!

So, do be careful and if you have that many I would just make regular reservations so as to have enough beds for everyone!
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:03 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

I have done priceline a few times; MIA 2x, Vancouver 1x, Seattle 1x and yesterday for FLL. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency DT 11/02 and it is anything but a Regency. In the middle of nowhere as far as resturants for lunch and dinner outside the very $$$ hotel venues. After you win on priceline you can call the hotel direct and request your needs. Example: 2 double beds or add a crib (extra charge item). We have also gotten to the hotel and found 2 double beds, went back to the desk and asked for a king/queen and been changed with no problem.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Kathy Sylvester

Great news! I took your advice and asked for three rooms, 3*, Miami Downtown and bid $40.00 and got the Radisson! I just need to call them to make sure one of the rooms has two double beds.
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Passenger

also got used priceline and got the Hyatt downtown for $45 on March 14th
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Stacycruiser

We went Priceline and got a 2 $35.00 rooms in December. I think they are $149.00 if you make your reservation online. They will charge us $9.00 to pick us up at the airport and $2.00 or $3.00 to take us to port.