Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:57 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Hotel at Port Canaveral and Transfers (thanks)

Where is good hotel to stay in ORlando Port Canaveral for sailing on Carnival Glory?

What is good why to get from airport to port?

Much thanks,
Jon
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Karena Payden

Default Re: Hotel at Port Canaveral and Transfers (thanks)

I'm going to be cruising on the Carnival Glory in May and I'm arriving in Orlando the day prior to the cruise. I went to priceline to get my hotel room. I got the Holiday Inn Select Orlando International Airport for $60. Of course I didn't know which Hotel they were going to give me. I browsed the other site like Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com etc.. before placing my bid.

The Hotel offers free shuttle service to the Airport which is a plus because to get a taxis or other transportation to Port Canaveral which is 45 minutes away, the average price is $130 round trip. If you take the hotel's shuttle back to the airport you can catch the Mears Motorcoach to the pier for $50 roundtrip per person.

I hope this helps.
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:08 PM
pick

Try to get the Radisson at the Port -- it really is quite nice and convenient shuttle provided to the ship.
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Passenger

we stayed at the Radisson and pay $119.00 for hotel and parking for 5 days...
everything worked out fine

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:23 PM
sis&I

We highly recommend the Radisson Hotel it was beautiful, the pool, the restaurant everything.
We arrived a day early and We rented a car at the Airport and drove to the Radisson Hotel it is a short distance from the drop off place for your car, Actually it's a short driving distance from almost all of the neat places in Cocoa Beach and the Surrounding area.
The car rental place will also shuttle you for free right to the Dock you need to go to. Or if you decide to not rent a car the hotel will shuttle you for free also.

We drove around Cocoa Beach and we had lunch at "Marlen's" on the Pier
It was a little bit of a trick finding the pier but it was a neat experience when we found it.

If you do decide to go to The Pier maybe you'll be lucky and get to see a spaceship
launch. The pier boasts it's the best place to watch a launch.

Old May 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Whiteknight

It's very differcult to answer those questions without knowing if you are trying to stay within any financial restraints, how many are in your party, whether you're arriving in Orlando the day of the cruise or before and whether you want to stay at a hotel in Orlando or near the port. It's an hour or more driving time from Orlando to the port depending on traffic, road work and traffic accidents. The $50 shuttle fee per person thru Mears is only available through the cruiseline only on the day of the cruise. All the other shuttle services cost more. Most of the hotels near the port are a few miles south of the port in Cocoa Beach. If money is a consideration and you don't want to risk driving from Orlando the day of the cruise, you can always take Greyhound buslines from Orlando to Cocoa Beach any day for about $11 a person one way. From Cocoa Beach or from a Cocoa Beah hotel, you can take the local public transportation trolleys for $1 a person to the port as well as many other sites and you don't have to worry about car rentals, high shuttle fees or traffic problems. Now if you rent a car, chances are that you won't have any breakdowns, traffic problems or get lost, so the information I've provided just gives you another option with less things to worry about at a more economical cost.