Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2004, 01:32 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Harbor House Hotel in Galveston

To anyone looking to book a room at the much-praised (at least oln this site) Harbor House Hotel in Galveston, TX, they have not set their room rates (yet!) for 2005.

I did find out that there's no shuttle service to the ship because the docking site is within walking distance. Anyone who has stayed there, how do you handle all your bags? On a seven-day cruise, there shouldn't be too much, but my DH and I both have large bags that don't rolll too well any more.

J.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:21 PM
sweetsea

Default Re: Harbor House Hotel in Galveston

I read on this or some other message board that the Harbor House will allow you to use one of their luggage carts to walk your bags over to the pier. Of course, after you drop the bags off, someone in your group must return the cart. Don't know if this is true or not....maybe just one person's experience.
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:10 PM
First Mate

I stayed at the Harbor House this past November. You pay $20.00 to leave your car during your cruise. I drove my wife and luggage to the pier and drove back to Harbor House which is a mile or less. Left my car and walked back to the pier. By the time I got back the porters had taken my luggage and my wife and I walked right into the registration. When we returned, I walked to get my car, drove back and loaded up. Real easy.

OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

My sister-in-law and I stayed at the Harbor House this past June. We left our car in their parking lot for $20.00 for the week and had a cab take us the few blocks up to the terminal for about $4.00. Yes, you can take the cart over as long as you bring it back. It is a very short walk. We discussed driving over, unloading and one of us walking back, but there was SOOOO much traffic that the $4.00 was well worth it. Getting in the car, driving into the traffic, then thru the traffic and back out of the traffic just didn't seem worth the hassle. This could have been the time we went to the terminal, but it seemed to be busy all morning. Remember, people are there picking others up as you are trying to get in. I would recommend that the night before you walk over to the terminal, check the distance and make your decision then.