Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
Yeoman

Default priceline and vancouver??

i looked on the priceline site and it looks like the area for vancouver is huge. if i want to be downtown do i still risk the chance of being in vancouver north or way out there away from downtown. any advice and stories of good buys will be appriciated.

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:00 PM
tara_lee_anne

Default Re: priceline and vancouver??

Hi,

Vancouver is pretty huge, but most websites will post the hotels addresses online. So I suggest before booking to find a online map of vancouver and see exactly where it is located. The cheaper the hotel, the more likely you are not in the downtown core (or you are in the really bad area of it). It gets pretty expensive to stay downtown........
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Yeoman

thanks tara

priceline is the good and bad'''''great prices but location can be scary'''. so many people have such good replies it is im sure worth the chance. so i will just jump in and see what i get.

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:13 PM
frugal

Default Re: Re: priceline and vancouver??

Hotwire breaks the Downtown Vancouver area into 3 different zones so perhaps that would be a better alternative.

Check out http://www.BetterBidding.com for help identifying the hotels beforehand.
Old May 15th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Yeoman

thanks frugal

i see so many great buys on biddingfortravel. i hope i end up with a good room for my friend and i. we will be going on a tour early in the morning the day of the cruise and we would like to get a hotel with continental breakfast included. there are so many ways to save money if you have time to investigate and check around. so i will keep looking and spending time on the net setting everything up.

Old May 15th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Passenger

If a Bed and Breakfast appeals to you there is one called Johnson Heritage in Vancouver. Lovely place with great reviews and excellant breakfast. Rooms are as low as 85.00 night plus tax. They were voted best B&B in Vancouver.
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Yeoman

genny

sorry i did not reply sooner. your bed and breakfast sounds wonderful and the price cannot be beat. it is us two girls ( just friends) so we will need two rooms. but i appriciate the name of the b and b.

Old May 29th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Yeoman

sorry, in my last reply here i meant to say we need two beds.

Old May 31st, 2004, 01:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dusty
One of my favorite hotels in the downtown Vancouver area is Lord Stanley Suites on the Park. They are in an ideal location...short walking distance from Stanley Park and less than $5 CAD cabfare ride to Canada Place. They do offer a free continental breakfast and are in a short walking distance from lots of shops and restaurants. The suites are nice but a bit on the small side, but I think that 2 people would be quite comfortable and they do have a block of rooms that are quite affordable. The area is also a nice, upscale area.
Hope this helps.
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:40 PM
Yeoman

linda y

thanks so much. i have not checked the lord stanley out before. i will do it now and see what it is all about. it sounds great and i love the park. walking on the sea wall is wonderful to do after being on the plane all day.

Old June 5th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Dusty - Vancouver is huge! You can still technically be in "greater Vancouver" and be miles away from anything. Steer clear of any place on "Kingsway". You are better of right downtown - like Granville or Howe Street. If you need more info just e-mail me. I live just outside of Vancouver. Jennifer
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: priceline and vancouver??

hazelson

thanks for the help. we have decided to just stay at one of the vancouver airport hotels for the night. hotwire and priceline have some really cheap prices for 3 star rooms there. we will be getting into seattle late in the morning, catching the quick shuttle to the vancouver airport ( it will be a nice scenic ride ) and getting to a room late afternoon. we are going to save so much money by flying into seattle instead of vancouver ( around $300 each ) so by then all we will want to do is get ready for diner, have a quick stroll from setting all day and get to bed for the next day of a pre-tour of vancouver before we go to the ship.. staying at the airport will be so much easier and cheaper for us. last sept i got the holiday inn express for $40 a night and it was a wonderful hotel and a mcdonalds was right on the parking lot. it worked out perfect.

i cant wait to go and get on that ship !!!!!